Home app stuck on Loading Home... screen

When I launch the app it just gets stuck on this white screen that says Loading Home. I tried deleting it and reinstalling from the App Store but no luck so far. I see my devices and scenes in the Control Center widget. Anyone else having issues?

Replies

Tried all the tricks but Home is still stuck on "Loading Accessories and Scenes" when signed into iCloud. Signing out of iCloud altogether allows it to work perfectly. This seems to reveal two basic design flaws: 1. The "Home" setting within the iCloud settings menu is futile. I should have the option of it being off or on, locally stored or in the cloud; just like Calendars, Notes, Photos, or any other app. 2. If whatever HomeKit files stored on the cloud have been corrupted, there should be a simple, if not automatic fix for them rather than all the ones listed so far. All the other cloud services are easy to fix. Why is HomeKit so difficult?

I'm having this same issue.

....same issue here... How fix it?

Same problem on the official GM osx10

Still no help to be found. I'd called Apple support but they were oblivious to the issue, insisting that the problem was on my phone. I've even tried creating a test Apple account and what do you know, it works! All the advice for resetting HomeKit only applies to iOS 9 so it seems like we're stuck until Apple starts paying attention to the problem. I'm curious though, if you connect your phone to your computer, fire up the console, then try to start the home app... what error messages are you getting??

Yup, seeing the same thing here on two devices of a newly invited (iCloud family member) user to an existing home.

just updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 10 & had the same issue. Stuck on loading accessories and scenes. Tried all the above resets etc, but didn't work. Then I discovered keychain wasn't switched ON on my other device (ipad 2 - iOS 9.3.5) . switched this to ON, on my iPad & then my iPhone home app worked a treat.

I have the same trouble on iPhoneSE. Home App is stuck on "Loading Accessories and Scenes" screen. I'm on iOS10.0.1 :-(

I just installed iOS 10.0.1 on my iPhone 6 and the Home app opens up to the "Loading Accessories and Scenes" page with the little spinning wheel above it. I have called Apple support several times and have talked to several advisors. I tried all their recommendations and nothing has worked. I was finally told to do an iPhone restore through iTunes, which did not work as well. I called back and told an advisor this. He has pushed this issue up to Apple Engineering, which has been swamped. He said he would call or email me with an update sometime next week.

Thanks for the updates, i'll await your follow-up. Hopefully it will end with a resolution.

Same issue here. It really must be related specifically to Apple IDs that were used for iOS9 beta testing as other Apple ID's are working just fine.

We are at a point where even Homekit or iCloud keychain reset does not help anymore. Furthermore, the Homekit reset function was completely removed in iOS10 and is only accessible on tvOS but does not seem to do anything like really deleting _all_ Homekit related data in iCloud since the "Sync in progress" issue still persists, even after factory restore of all my Apple devices.

I may also refer to this thread as it includes log data I also saw in my iPhone console:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/47295

Same issue. And i never used any beta. I just bought philips hue and trying to use Siri with it. But get stuck on loading data from iCloud. Same on HomeKit app. Tried everything on this thread didn't help.

Same here. Error 77.

Since we're missing the reset homekit functionality that we had in iOS 9, I'm not sure where to go from here. Hello? Apple? Anyone home? I'd like to use homekit now. Please?

Same here. Just keeps saying loading accessories and scenes.

Been chatting with Apple support for a while, through the site and on twitter, all they want you to do is a restore and see if the problem persists....

I've tried everything, the usual. signed out of icloud, turned off everything I could think of and it still won't work. Very dissapointing.

Same here. Starts with welcome screen and instantly jumps to "Loading Accessories and Scenes".

Only way out is to force quit. Even if you're quick and try to hit the Get Started button, no use.

I tried all the fixes and none of them worked.

I don't think this issue has been either acknowledged or addressed.