Stickers on Xcode 8 development team error

Hello, recently I downloaded xcode 8 to make custom sticker packs but when I try to build it onto my iPhone it will come up with the errors

Signing for "StickerPackExtension" requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.

Code signing is required for product type 'App Extension' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'.

I have tried switching off automatic profile managing but I dont know how to locate my provisioning profile when clicking import profile. Does this mean there is a way to export a provisioning profile? thanks 🙂

Replies

Are you making a standalone Sticker Pack Application? If so, be aware that in the project editor, there will be two targets listed. Both have Signing settings. One target is the sticker pack extension and the other is a target for the wrapper application (which is hidden on the user's home screen, but exists under the covers). It sounds like maybe you're not setting both of those to automatic signing?

Alternatively, I'm wondering if perhaps you haven't signed into your development team in Xcode's Account Preferences?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of pdm Down vote reply of pdm

aha! yes i have resolved the issue! just set automatic for the extention and application and then put in my team under the checkbox. and also, you have to select iOS developer with the SDKs and that resolves the second issue. Thanks!🙂

I have the same problem, help needed please.

My account is signed in - the developer tab. I even have the development team selected. I am just making a standalone sticker application.

Where is this wrapper application setting? Hidden under the covers isn't very helpful!

do you mean when you go to the build settings tab and replace all the checkboxes marked Any IOS SDK with my provisioning profile?

Publicbeta, i have resolved the issue! to start off with you must select StickerPackExtention in the project editor. then select the general tab. tick automatically manage signing, then in the team selector, select your team. After, you must select "projectname" application and then general again and do all the steps from the StickerPackExtention. then go to build settings. There will be 2 tabs named any IOS SDK. Select IOS developer for both of them. then that should be it! select your device and click run. there may be 2 other boxes under the SDK that you need to select your provisioning profile with but i have no problems without it... sorry if this is confusing, im not very good at explaining "tech" 😁

Does nothing for me, still the same error.