App Store update error 311 on GM Sierra

App Store notifies that iTunes 12.5.1 is available. But when I try to update it, I get:

“iTunes” could not be verified.(311)

The error is issued when download completes and App Store is verying something. I'm suspicious that it may be related to my GM Sierra install since it is not strictly 'offically final'.

BTW, I also get strange errors when updating Adobe Flash yesterday. I remember I got something "no permission to install".

Replies

same here, been trying for a few days now, still no go with the itunes update. am now on 10.12 beta ver. 16A313a.

+1

Had the same issue, all I had to do was redownload from iTunes.com/download. 12.5.1 downloaded and launched fine.

Thanks for the tip.

I re-downloaded and re-installed the GM release, and I'm surprised to find the the build number was changed from 16A319 to 16A323. But still getting same error.

Ditto..

I have met this exception from El Capitan 10.11 to current Sierra.

It compelled me to upgrade my iPhone6 via OTA..

I've considered this way too but how could I reinstall an cononical app ?

And it showed nothing when I open http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/?ref=http://itunes.com

I have got to end up with updating by AppStore again..

+1

I've encountered the same here. The error happend even before I update to MacOS Sierra and continues after the OS upgraded. All other apps could be updated smoothly, except for the itunes 12.5.1.

+1. annoying.

+1

I had the exact same issue...and I had it before and after the Sierra upgrade.

I solved it (but I am not sure if it will work for you too): it seemed to be related to my iTunes store account. I opened iTunes and entered in the iTunes store with my account. Then I started the download again; it asked me to close iTunes; I closed it...and the download went smooth. Problem solved for me. Strange things 😕 🙂

ilFanatico's procedure worked for me too. I signed into iTunes. Then closed it. Then went back to iTunes update. The update went smoothly. No error code 311. Simple fix. Thank you.

ilFanatico is right

I had the very same issue updating to iTunes to 12.6.2 using the App Store. I simply logged out of the App Store using the Store menu without closing the store. I just logged out and tried again. Presto! Worked without a hitch.