"From" links from Sticker Packs not going directly to their store listing

Is anyone else seeing that? I assumed when sending a sticker the From link would go directly to the Pack listing. Right now they seem to be going to the front page of the store.

Replies

I have also noticed this and I hope it gets fixed immediately

Yeah this makes no sense to me. The front page of the store really does nothing to point people to the packs that we've made.

Am I imagining this or wasnt this specifically addressed in the WWDC video, that packs were "viral" in this nature. Going to the front page of the store pretty much dead-ends the user unless they happen to notice the Seach icon and then go looking for they pack. But even then there's no guarantee they find it.

I just tried this now by installing an app on one of my devices that I know is not installed on a test device of mine. I sent a message from that app, received it on my test device, tapped on the From link, and was taken to the appropriate app page.

If you're seeing otherwise, please file bug reports and include your app's Apple ID, and indicate what storefront you're using (I'm using the US store).

I'm thinking its only happening with my own apps I've installed from Xcode. Probably just need to delete them all and install from the store now. Duh =)

downSouth316, you think thats the case with yours too?

I've seen this issue with both my App and from another App: I clicked on the bubble and I was redirect to the store front but no deep link to the App page. I've filled a bug report (#28317395). I've seen this happening on the Spanish (es) store.

One thing I've noticed is on the WWDC keynotes appears a link below the bubble with something like "From <App Name>", which is nonexistant as far as I've seen. Has this link diseappeared on release or is it another issue?

The From <App Name> will appear if the user does not have the app installed. So if you have the app installed you wouldn't see it. It does look like if you receive a message from an app when you have the app installed, then later delete the app, already received bubbles will not get a From <App Name> link added to them. I'm not sure if that's expected or not.