RECENTLY ADDED CONTACTS - Every millennial needs this!!!

The fact that iOS does not have recently added contacts shows a fundamental fault in Apple's ability to understand how milennials use their iPhones. We're linking up, we're regularly adding contacts. We have hundreds of names and numbers in our address books. We're in the recently added tab on Apple Music. We need to differentiate old and new and new needs to be at the top of the list.

Next one will cost you.

Replies

I've been told by Apple employees in emails and over the phone, that a good place for feature requests is actually to report them as Bugs. They do read all those and I think thats probably a more direct route to get in touch with their engineers. The site is bugreport.apple.com . Apple staff, am I wrong?

What you're asking for is frankly ridiculous. Contacts are in alphabetic order for a reason that being to make it easier to find a given contact by name or number. This is not a reasonable place to have recents or even new entries listed first. If they were sorted in that way, you'd have to scroll even further to find an entry not recently added or new. In short, no one needs this, not even millennials.

> and new needs to be at the top of the list.

Reminds me of the speed dail ranking dispute on seinfeld...old is new again.

But yes, forums posts are not feature requests and feature requests are best put in via bug reporter - bottom right, every page here.

Good luck.

Dude, give me some credit. I'm not asking for the way contacts are listed to be restructured. The feature could be manifested in a sort function or a slider, similar to the All/Missed slider in the recents tab on the Phone app. An All/Recents slider.

And what precisely would be the point? Contacts serve 1 purpose, to store things like email address, phone number, name, etc. This isn't the place to see what's new or missed. Its a database not a dating app.

The point is to see the contacts you've recently added. Databases can have sort options.

I don't understand your strong negative reaction. I'm not sure if you have disdain for the lifestyle that necessitates this feature, my marketing approach, or if your personality is generally unpleasant. The feature would be so uninvasive and elegant but useful. There's no reason to react like this.

You're spitting some vitriol over contact sort options smh

I'd like to avoid this thread devolving into something that's not in the spirit of the forum guidelines, namely making everybody feel welcome and having constructive conversations to help each other.

@bigcig: As I indicated, you're correct that iOS does not have this feature and your feedback in the form of a bug report is completely valid and would go to the appropriate people for consideration.

I simply asked how this would be of help. If that's vitriol I must not understand the meaning of the word.

My issue is, if you think that functionality would be something important to a given group of people, why suggest changes that for the majority would cause confusion. When you could instead make money by creating an app or extension that provides the functionality you seek. This is a developers forum after all.

I do not believe this functionality would be confusing. The deafult position would be alphabetic listing, and iOS users are accustomed to using sliders as well as the "Recently Added" Apple Music function. I'm not looking to build and profit off of an app or extension when I believe the most elegant and comprehensive solution would be to modify the iOS apps.

The footprint of this change would be very small, yet it would be a useful tool for many.

I suspect you aren't very experienced with how the vast majority of iOS users use these devices. A great many, even after many years using them, still don't know swipe to delete or hold and tap to uninstall apps. Simplicity for better or worse is iOS's strength. While adding an option to settings might be useful to a select few such a change would actually require a great deal of change under the hood and to the UI to reflect that choice. True, the default could remain status quo but then there's that additional complexity underneath to consider. More complexity sadly also means more unforeseen bugs generally.

THis is is the developers forum after all, making apps is kind of the point.

This is a regressive stance motivated by fear and I won't listen to it.

With all due respect, you clearly are not a developer. User centric issues are best served on the

Apple USER forums. Regressive stance? Bet you got a trophy for just showing up.

hey little miss thesarsus - why would you argue with a it geek whos not in a business use mind frame but a point a to poin z mind frame. Marketing and IT relationships have come a long way // everyone has there own u inquest skill set even if it’s squat. Own yours - In addition missy simpleton why judge someone on who is and isn’t a real developer - who cares // I pray my developers don’t use that Mickey Mouse approach if they do how scary.