Blank screen when waking from sleep

MBPro 15", 2.5Ghz, Mid-15 - when waking from sleep, the screen stays blank but the OS is still functional when I remote desktop into the system. Reappears if I logout. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

So I've tried this but

kextstat | grep -v com.apple

doesn't return any extensions. I've never used Duet or any of the others that people are mentioning. I had TeamViewer, but uninstalling didn't work.

Any ideas?

Have seen the same thing on my iMac and it occurs under the same conditions as far as I can tell. My iMac is powered up all the time. Prior to bed, I elect sleep mode. Twice, now, this has resulted in disaster, but can be corrected. I awake (not the iMac) to a partially illuminated screen and the cursor is visible. However, the "catch 22" is that I cannot see the screen. Same results on reboot and it does appear that it is working "behind" the dark screen. Proof that it must be corruption:

1. Can boot to Thunderbolt CCC drive, and

2. Can boot into BootCamp

Now, steps to rectify can be frustrating. Disk Warrior and Disk Utility from CCC drive functioned as they should, but did NOT correct the issue. However, with the free DiskMaker application, I had create a Sierra bootable USB from an official Sierra release. This reinstalled software to the release version of Sierra and the drive functions as it should. Never have seen problems like this with other beta versions, so I will not upgrade to the beta.

A recount of any similar experiences would be appreciated! Want to see if there's a trend!

I have the same problem. rMBP 2015 and I never installed Duet. Anyone have a fix for this? I found that if you have multiple user accounts is to go to the upper right when the screen is blank and click on the name (have to guess where you are) and left click like you are swtiching users and enter password and screen goes back to normal.

Only workaroud I was able to fix my issue. Rebooting does not help. Hopefully we can get some answers soon.