iCloud lock

As a developer, are we able to use a iCloud locked device for a test unit and if so do we have ability to remove iCloud lock from device and process?

Accepted Reply

Are you talking about the Activation Lock feature that ties a device to an iCloud account? If so, then if the device is signed into an iCloud account and iCloud Drive is enabled, then I guess you could use it for development if the device is not passcode locked.

Replies

Are you talking about the Activation Lock feature that ties a device to an iCloud account? If so, then if the device is signed into an iCloud account and iCloud Drive is enabled, then I guess you could use it for development if the device is not passcode locked.

Yes device is attached to previous owner iCloud account, if we purchase the device, are we able to add to our developer account? And have ability to remove and use these for test units?

Acitvation lock can only be removed by somebody that has access to the iCloud account the device is bound to. This can either be done from the iCloud.com website (by logging into the account that it's locked to) or from the device by deleting the iCloud account (which in this case of being locked to the account will require the password for the account).

If you're purchasing it from the person who owns that iCloud account it's locked to, then they would need to remove the activation lock and I would make them do that before purchasing it. If you're not purchasing it from a person that owns that iCloud account, when then that sound shady to me.

Yes recieved inquire from a repair shop asking if developers can purchase and use , the same as they do for whitelisting blacklisted units as parts only?

if that case its mean that icloud acc cant be remove that is your meaning?? cause now got a lot iphone also ipad which the user forgot the apple id!! so how can we help them to removed it?

do we has another solution the help the forgot icloud user id? if has kindly tell us...