Will users be able to find extension-only app on the regular App Store?

I wonder if people would be able to search and download extension-only app from the regular app store?

Accepted Reply

If you search for stickers now in the App Store, lots of third party sticker apps show up. However, mine is still stuck in "Pending an Apple Release".

Looks to me like they will show up in both stores.

Replies

They mention what types get seen where, about midway down this page....

https://developer.apple.com/imessage/

From that page, under Standalone iMessage apps:

> Choose to list your app in the Stickers category or another relevant category on the App Store for iMessage.

That implies that standalone iMessage apps will not be listed in the standard App Store. If this is the case, I hope Apple will consider changing this. I guess it makes sense not to list simple "sticker packs" in the standard App Store, but standalone iMessage apps are first-class apps that deserve the greater exposure and discovery that would come from being listed in the full App Store.

I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow, but if standalone apps are only listed in the iMessage App Store, I would encourage everyone to file an enhancement request to ask that standalone iMessage apps also be listed in the standard App Store.

The Apple Stickers currently show up in both stores.

Yeah, that's kind of what made me post this, because apple's stickers can be seen in the regular app store, while the guide says they wouldn't be displayed. I am asking this because I might need to create a video preview if my app will be displayed in the regular App Store.

If you search for stickers now in the App Store, lots of third party sticker apps show up. However, mine is still stuck in "Pending an Apple Release".

Looks to me like they will show up in both stores.

I have a lot still in Pending Apple release, but they did green light a couple yesterday (turned to Ready for Sale). You guys probably noticed they did a soft launch of the iMessage Store last night and yes, I can confirm the Sticker Packs are actually showing up in the main App Store! Yay.