IPV6 in South Africa

I've just submitted my first app for review and had it rejected because of the IPv4 api that it uses.

That being said, I have fellow IOS developer friends that use similiar IPv4 APIs, that have updated their existing apps on the Ap store successfully several times, and that was after the 1 June deadline.

Could it be that it was not rejected because they submitted their apps to the South Africa only store (South Africa is yet to get any real traction for IPv6)?

Or maybe because they have been given a grace period to update the compatibility for IPv6?

I'm asking because I would strongly consider using the South Africa only store if this is true.

Any assistance in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Reply

Thanks for the responses everyone

It turns out that it was unrelated to IPv6 changes. I needed to read the email a little better. It was the white screen on startup that was the real issue after all.

All is well now, and the app is live.

Replies

It's probably because they are existing apps. Apple wouldn't make technical exceptions for such a small market.

Can we see the text of the rejection?

The vast majority of problems like this are caused by server-side configuration problems, possibly in the server itself but most commonly in the DNS. Have you read through the my Supporting IPv6-only Networks pinned post? What do you see when you work through the steps outlined in the post linked to by FAQ#6?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks for the responses everyone

It turns out that it was unrelated to IPv6 changes. I needed to read the email a little better. It was the white screen on startup that was the real issue after all.

All is well now, and the app is live.