"Couldn't get a signing certificate"

I am suddenly getting this error when running my tvOS app

<CKError 0x13ed32210: "Internal Error" (1/4000); "Couldn't get a signing certificate">

I wonder if this is a CloudKit issue. Has anyone run into this issue before?

Accepted Reply

That's correct, there was a server configuration issue where the response from the server to the CK daemon was not correct and would fail to get the certificate correctly. This was resolved on the server. If anybody is continuing to see this issue, please do file a bug report and post the bug number here.

Replies

I just got this error a few minutes ago too, running on an old iPhone 4S. Hoping it's a problem on Apple's end!

Same here. All requests fail with that error, in both development and the live production app.

Same problem here.

Same here, both in an app in development and an app on the store.

I am having the same problem trying to fetch the User's Record. I didn't have this problem at all before today. Looks like it is a problem on Apple's side.

I'm getting the same issue as well, I thought it was something I did on my side....which freaked me the heck out. But kind of glad to know it wasn't anything I did.

Here's an interesting observation:

I ran an app on the simulator and set the Entilements File entry for com.apple.developer.icloud-container-environment to "Development". It worked. Then I reset the value to "production" and it failed with the above error.

This morning (7:58 AM EDT) the app is suddely working again with no errors. This fact would argue it was a CK server issue of some kind, but it would be good to know of what kind.

That's correct, there was a server configuration issue where the response from the server to the CK daemon was not correct and would fail to get the certificate correctly. This was resolved on the server. If anybody is continuing to see this issue, please do file a bug report and post the bug number here.

Is there still issues with the CloudKit server configuration?

CKContainer.fetchUserRecordID fails with CKError "Internal Error" (1/4000); "Couldn't get a signing certificate".

The app use to work ok from Development builds and TestFlight builds. But the same builds are not working now.

Both App and iMessage extension fail. All CloudKit calls fail with the same error.

On the simulator, it works fine.

The known issue that we had was fully resolved, so if you're seeing the same error then please get a bug report filed, with logs gathered using the iCloud Drive and CloudKit logging profile available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/

I still getting a similar error with my iCloud based app after updating to Xcode 8.

All was working right before the update.

Now I get the same error on all real device (iOS 9.3.2 and 10.0.1) with different AppleIDs:

"Internal Error" (1/4000); "Couldn't get a signing certificate"

Only on the simulator the app works properly.

I can reproduce the error with an empty iOS single-view application, with iCloud enabled, by trying to interact with any CloudKit API (e.g. fetching the userRecordID with CKContainer.default().fetchUserRecordID)

I filed a new bug report 28444887.

Afer few hours the app is suddely working again with no errors.

bug 28542753

this seems to be the same problem