pdm: When can we submit iMessage apps?

iOS 10 launches next week, but there was no word about iMessage app submissions.

Please advise. Thank you!

Accepted Reply

This came in over the RSS feed at noon:

-=-

You can now submit your apps that take advantage of exciting new features available in the next release of macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. And with the new App Store for iMessage, users will be able to download your iMessage apps and sticker packs directly within Messages.

Build your apps using Xcode 8 GM seed, test with the GM seeds of macOS Sierra, iOS 10, watchOS 3, tvOS 10, and submit them for review. To learn more about preparing your submissions for the App Store, see Submitting Your Apps.

Replies

Judging from David Smith on Under the Radar Podcast - last year, sometime around 10PM on GM release day, iTunesConnect started taking submissions.

Check out his latest podcast for dealing with launch day stuff.

Gold Master was just released - grab it, build with it, and test. Only builds built with this GM will be accepted.

I've successfully submitted an iMessage app and its now waiting for review.

This came in over the RSS feed at noon:

-=-

You can now submit your apps that take advantage of exciting new features available in the next release of macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. And with the new App Store for iMessage, users will be able to download your iMessage apps and sticker packs directly within Messages.

Build your apps using Xcode 8 GM seed, test with the GM seeds of macOS Sierra, iOS 10, watchOS 3, tvOS 10, and submit them for review. To learn more about preparing your submissions for the App Store, see Submitting Your Apps.

I've had two iMessage apps approved for Apple release. It was about 24 hours from submit for review.

Good luck to all.

I've been In Review for over 24 hours. Typically not a good sign :(