NEVPNProtocolIKEv2 on OS X 10.11.6 asks for password on each connect action

Hello.

I am using NEVPNProtocolIKEv2 of Network Extension framework. I am using extended authentication with password (No pre-shared secret, no certificate based auth). So I store password in Keychain and pass it as a persistent reference to protocol configuration object.

Now, my code works as expected on iOS - it connects without any password prompts. On macOS, however, everytime it tries to connect, system asks for password, as if it wasn't in keychain, although it's there - I've checked.

Yes, I double checked, the values are saved to keychain.

If you have any idea why is it behaving like that, please let me know.

Thank you

Replies

To start, please read this post.

If you set things up with a configuration profile, do you still see the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello.

We set the configuration profile up with extended auth (username/password) + PSK using Apple Configurator utility. We are able to connect with this profile.

When using Network Extension manager with same setup, however, the dialog box appears prompting to input password.

P.S.: I am sorry, but I am somehow not able to insert config text here, forum says that my message includes forbidden characters, although i'm using code highlighter tool. Weird

We set the configuration profile up with extended auth (username/password) + PSK using Apple Configurator utility. We are able to connect with this profile.

OK, that’s good news at least.

I am sorry, but I am somehow not able to insert config text here, forum says that my message includes forbidden characters, although i'm using code highlighter tool.

Yeah, that’s annoying. I’m working with the DevForums folks to reduce the incidence of these problems but they still crop up on occasion.

Please email the profile to me at the address in my signature. Make sure you reference this DevForums thread, lest it get lost in the blizzard of other emails I receive (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Emailed you with the reference to this thread.