Cant't change primary language

I have submitted my first App to the AppStore. Unfortunately I've notice that the primary language is set to German instead of English. I've try to change the primary language in the App Store Information of my App but the error occurred:

In order to change this app’s primary language to Englisch (USA), each version must already have the required Englisch (USA) screenshots.

But I've already uploaded screenshots for German and English (USA) for the app aleary in App Store and for ma update. What can I do to change the primary language. I've read the iTunes Connect Developer Guide but there is no solution. Can anyoune help me please?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Reply

Got it working, If you go to Media manager you'll find that the target primary language has a lot checkboxes ticked indicating the use of screenshots on another language. I made sure to untick every sinlge checkbox (wether it said the correct language or not) and only specify one for the language that I was using.

For example, I had Spaish (Spain) set as the primary language and Spanish (Mexico) as the desired primary language; I went to Media Manager, selected Spanish (Mexico) and only left one checkbox selected (making sure it said Mexico). After I saved the changes i went back to the app information and was able to change the default language, I had to re-upload the rest of the images afterwards (for the remainder of the screens).

Hope this helps...

Replies

Have you find a fix?

we have the same troubles.

Same here - how to fix this?

Same problem here :-(

Same trouble. Did you try to write to Apple's Support?

Yes, they're investigating.

We are having the same trouble, but the issue seems to be just the english version since we can change our primary to other languages like danish and norwegian (where we have the same screenshots as the english) but not to any of the english versions (U.K,U.S,Canada or Australia)

same here 😟

same here

can't change to Englisch (USA)

Same problem here. Does anyone knows the status of this bug on Apple side?

Same here. I can not change from US to VI

Same here - how to fix this?

Answer from Apple Team:

Our team believes the cause of this behavior is by the Apple Watch section in the Media Manager. Please uncheck the "Use XX_LANGUAGE_XX Apple Watch” in your English localization.

Could not find where to uncheck "Use XX_LANGUAGE_XX Apple Watch”. There is no such thing in Media Manager.

Got it working, If you go to Media manager you'll find that the target primary language has a lot checkboxes ticked indicating the use of screenshots on another language. I made sure to untick every sinlge checkbox (wether it said the correct language or not) and only specify one for the language that I was using.

For example, I had Spaish (Spain) set as the primary language and Spanish (Mexico) as the desired primary language; I went to Media Manager, selected Spanish (Mexico) and only left one checkbox selected (making sure it said Mexico). After I saved the changes i went back to the app information and was able to change the default language, I had to re-upload the rest of the images afterwards (for the remainder of the screens).

Hope this helps...

I did the same actions. I switched the primary language, but I wasn't able to save changes. The error: "In order to change this app's primary language to English (U.S.), you must first provide all the required English (U.S.) screenshots for each version.". But I've already uploaded all screenshots. I wrote to Apple support. Wainting for their reply.😟