Any idea when sticker pack submissions to the app store will be available?

We've seen Apple release it's four example sticker packs to the app store, but when will we be able to submit our own packs?

Accepted Reply

Just to be sure folks see this, submissions for your sticker packs are open now. You can get more details on how to submit them here: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/sticker-submissions/

Replies

Any news about this?

Just upload my extension and got lots of errores regadding min ios version

Invalid sdk value. The value provided for the sdk portion of LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS in confidentialmessages.app/PlugIns/MessagesExtension.appex/MessagesExtension is 10.0 which is greater than the maximum allowed value of 9.3.5.

I just tried submitting a sticker pack built with beta 6 and got the same error. Pretty sure we have to wait till the GM version of Xcode is released, build with that, then submit. Now the question is when that will be exactly. Hopefully we find out tomorrow.

I have a sticker app built, but how would I submit that to iTunes Connect? I can't create a Sticker Pack app there!

Just to be sure folks see this, submissions for your sticker packs are open now. You can get more details on how to submit them here: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/sticker-submissions/

Currently UNABLE to submit Stand Alone Sticker Packs created using the Xcode Template, due to the fact that creating an App ID ENABLES both Game Center and In-App Purchases, converting the underlying framework of the code-free Sticker Pack to that of an iMessage App. No way to edit and disable theses Features withing the App ID to submit a Stand Alone Sticker Pack intended ONLY for the iMessages App Store.

This creates two problems:

1. Unable to access the Archived/uploaded Build WITHOUT also uploading screenshots for the 'Optional" iMessages in prepping the Sticker Pack for App Review

2. Submitting more than one Sticker Pack App Review judges the app (Sticker Pack now converted to iMessages App via App ID Features ENABLED) on the basis of the underlying framework "with Features" instead of looking only at the appropriateness of the content (i.e. images) of the Sticker Packs. They reject submissions on the Rule 4.3 Design Spam (underlying framework is the same for Sticker Packs generated using the Xcode TEMPLATE; only the content (i.e. images) are changed). App Review repeatedly tells us to create a containter and to sell the individual Sticker Packs as In-App Purchases. No ability to do that, or desire to do so, because that is NOT how Sticker Packs are sold in iMessages App Store.

Something evidently has changed since your reply was posted in Sept 2016. It may have something to do with the original instruction in the Video #1 about submitting Sticker Pack (which has now been updated) to the App Store (item #3 initially showed entering the Bundle Identifier excactly as Xcode created it, which is no longer an option - #3 for new App sends people to their Developer Account to create an App ID which goes back to the initial problem above).

This is a Catch-22. Impossible to submit Stand Alone Sticker Packs unless we are able to disable the iMessage App Features automatically enabled.