Invalid Toolchain - New apps and app updates must be built with the public (GM) versions of Xcode 6 or later, OS X, and iOS SDK. Don't submit apps built with beta software including beta OS X builds.

I am running OS 10.11.5 (15F34) and XCode Version 7.3.1 (7D1014). When I submit my iOS app for review I get the following message:

Invalid Toolchain - New apps and app updates must be built with the public (GM) versions of Xcode 6 or later, OS X, and iOS SDK. Don't submit apps built with beta software including beta OS X builds.

As far as I know I am not running any BETA software.

Regards

Neil

Replies

Just a thought, did you check to see which SDK you were building with?

I tried originally with 9.3 but have also tried 9.0 , same result.

Gotcha. Since both have the same end result, you should change it back to 9.3 to make sure that your app can handle the latest stuff. Have you tried building on a different machine or reinstalling Xcode, perhaps?

I have reloaded the latest OS from the App Store, the same for Xcode. I have cleaned and rebult the iOS app and I am still getting the "Invalid toolchain" email when I submit the app.

Help !!!

>I am not running any BETA software.

Now, or what about recently?

How about take a compiled build of the app and crack it open using the Finder's "Show Package Contents" command. Navigate to the Info.plist file and open it up in Xcode. Have a look at the BuildMachineOSBuild item and everything starting with the DT prefix. Could you post the value of those items here in a reply?

Same here. 3 days try send to revisión

Naifmakin1234

Have you resolved your issue? We are also building on OSX 10.11.5 wirh Xcode 7.3.1 and are seeing the same message. However, we have downloaded Xcode 8 Beta 2 in parallel.

I am having the same issue. I didn't have these issues prior to today (sept 1 2016). I did notice that a security update was applied today on the OS. Is it possible that iTunes connect is just not recognizing the patch? Because of this issue, I upgraded from xcode 7.3 to decide 7.3.1, but with no help. Any ideas?

I also encountered this error. And I also implemented the security patch.

This appears to be the app store thinking that the new OS X version 10.11.6 (15G1004) with security patch is a beta version of OS X.

I was able to submit without warnings or errors by digging into the .xcarchive and modifying the info.plist of the app.

Change the key

<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>

<string>15G1004</string>

to the value for the original 10.11.6

<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>

<string>15G31</string>

Then export the IPA or submit to the app store as usual.

HTH,

Warren

I got the same error, but the app still processed fine and everything else works correctly.

Same here, uploaded an app yesterday just fine, but today I'm getting the error mentioned in the title of the thread...

Like clockwork, apple releases an OS update and then doesn't communicate with the itunes connect team to whitelist the fu#k$%# PUBLICLY RELEASED MAC OS VERSION. This is literally the 4th time in two years.