swift 3 on XCode 8 bata 6 a protocol problem

I creat a custom framework. In the framework, I define a protocol and a class. The class realize the protocol, and in my application create a class inheritance that class in the framework. Run it ,The console output not find the protocol`s method

xcode 8 bata 5 have no the problem.

Replies

Does the protocol have public?

Since its a framework, it defaults to internal. From what I know, a framework or an app is its own module. So, for an app to see the symbol from the framework it would have to be public. Setting to private limits the visibility to the file. Internal limits visibility to the module.

Hope that helps...

public protocol myproto {

func myfunc()

}

As of beta 6, it's necessary to change "public" to "open" for classes that are intended to be subclassed across module boundaries. It may be that this is the issue, not the protocol visibility.

public protocol DCGameViewCreatedDelegate {
    func gameViewFinish(_ layer:CALayer)
}
open func gameViewFinish(_ layer: CALayer) {
        if DCDirector.getInstance.renderMode == .metal {
            gameLayer = layer
            gameLayer.frame = view.frame
            view.layer.addSublayer(gameLayer)
        }
    }

This method does`t work

Can you show the exact error message?

dyld: Symbol not found: __TFC13DCGameKit_IOS20DCGameViewController14gameViewFinishfCSo7CALayerT_
  Referenced from: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/063C7C79-AA44-4CC7-B13D-EAD5044AF323/DCGameKit-IOS-test.app/DCGameKit-IOS-test
  Expected in: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/063C7C79-AA44-4CC7-B13D-EAD5044AF323/DCGameKit-IOS-test.app/Frameworks/DCGameKit_IOS.framework/DCGameKit_IOS
 in /var/containers/Bundle/Application/063C7C79-AA44-4CC7-B13D-EAD5044AF323/DCGameKit-IOS-test.app/DCGameKit-IOS-test
(lldb)

This`s console output

.__TFC13DCGameKit_IOS20DCGameViewController14gameViewFinishfCSo7CALayerT_ is a mangled method name. I think there's a command-line tool to unmangle Swift names, but clearly it's:

module: DCGameKit_IOS

class: DCGameViewController

method: gameViewFinish

and code in the application is trying to call this method in the framework. (That suggests the subclass of DCGameViewController in the application does not override gameViewFinish.)

It looks like the Swift compiler thought that DCGameViewController.gameViewFinish was available to the application, but either it doesn't exist or isn't visible. Assuming you didn't do anything with linker commands to suppress the symbol, this might indicate that the Swift compiler is confused.

I'd suggest you submit a bug report with the project that shows the problem. Someone else might jump in with ideas, but it might be hard to find the problem via this forum.

Thank you I will submit this bug