iOS 10 beta 2 - iPhone screen unresponsive

Hi,

After installing the beta 2 suddenly my iPhone 6 Plus screen became unresponsive. After several hard resets I am still stuck at the passcode entry screen which I cannot get past because of this. The physical buttons still work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

A

Replies

Follow up: Screen intermittently worked, often with serious lag. Managed to perform factory reset. Responsiveness is back.

I am getting the same issues, it renders my device useless. Sadly, hard resets do not fix the issue and I forsee no way of replicating it since it appears to randomly happen and randomly work again for a few seconds and stop again.

Same here with my iPhone 6 plus. Screen is unresponsive most of the time and suddenly it works as normal.

Despite all the restores this did not go away. It appears to be a hardware issue, you'll need to contact Apple to discuss your options. If you are a UK consumer or EU for that matter, check your Consumer Laws if your are out of the standard 1 year Apple warranty.

Same problem here. Screen is unresponsive. Restarting over and over to get it to work. Downgraded to 9.3 and everything works fine, back to 10 public 2 and same problem so back to 9.3

Hi I have now downloaded iOS 10 beta 5 and still have this issue as well. I have been struggling with it since beta 3. I'm on an iPhone 6. I did a erase and reset and still the issue persist. I turned off the moving background. I turned off apps updating in the background. No affect. And it is hard to replicate because it appears random.

Same issue in beta 8. Only occurred when beta 8 installed, I am using an iPhone6+. Bug filed under #28059466.

Please reference the number above when you file your bugs so we can make sure the entire team can see the issue is pervasive and not hardware related.

Also some things I suggest:

Use a second device to make videos of the issue.

Upload those videos (zipped) to the bugreport

Drag all logs from the Phone (Using the Window > Devices menu of Xcode beta) onto the desktop

Put all the logs into a folder, compress that folder and upload to the reported bug

Reference the bug number and share your own bug numbers so I can add to my incident.