In iOS 9 does "apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" no longer work in a web app?

The status bar now takes up space in my Web Apps. Has anyone else seen this?

Replies

Finally works on 9.2 beta 1

Can you describe WHAT works.

I want the full screen user experience back! Means: hide address bar, hide buttons at the bottom.

Any news about this?

My webapp keeps showing the URL and bottom bar instead of removing both when applying:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black">

How can Apple keep like this without telling us anything? And without solving it, cause I find these features really nice.

On the other hand, Google keeps improving theirs ones, with the Chrome tabs customization.

Please, solve this asap.

Does this really work in 9.2?

This is still not working correctly. WHEN does the fix come out for iOS? Any good workarounds for this???

It looks as if the issues have been resolved in iOS 9.3. (bothe the lockng-bug as the status-bar-issues).

Can anyone else confirm this?

The address bar and footer bar is still visible in fullscreen mode in iOS 9.3.2.

It is so ridiculous that Apple does not fix this!

If the app is launched from the home screen, as always, there is no address bar or bottom bar. You have to launch it from the home screen icon, simply visiting the page is has no effect, and it looks like any other web page. AFAIK it's alway been like this. I'm on 9.3.4.