Help - iMessage Sticker Pack Cannot be Built in Xcode

Whenever the sticker pack hits around 20 animated stickers, Xcode just gets stuck at "Compiling asset catalog"...

My sticker pack has 100 animated stickers and I don't know what to do.

This issue started since beta 4 (and contines to be a problem in beta 5) and I've filed a bug report with no response so far.

It's beta 5 now and I'm really worried I won't be able to submit it on day 1 after working so hard on it... 😢😢😢

Is anyone esle experiencing this problem?

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you so much!

Replies

What's the bug number?

Same exact thing is happening to me. My bug report number is...

I also uploaded a zip file of the project. Exact same problem. Some projects won't even compile with 2 animated stickers. Upgraded to Beta 5 today with no luck.

Beta 3 was fine.

Same issue for me as well. Everything was working fine in Beta 3. Then in Beta 4 and now 5 too, Sticker Pack Applications are stalling when Run with Compiling Asset Catalogs. Starting a new project in Beta 5 isn't helping either. All my past projects with animated sticker sequences are having this issue.

Please help!

I filed 2 reports in different categories just to be sure: 27780400 and 27651617 Thanks for looking into this!

Please do update us of any progress. We are really really concerned. Thank you so much!

This is STILL happening for me with beta 6.

PLEASE help...

I really don't know if I'll be able to submit my pack for day 1.😟

I just ran into this problem when I started using Xcode to generate multiple Sticker Sequences. I was orinially just dragging the frames into the sequence box directly for each animated sticker.

Looks like the issue is when two or more sequences have frames with the exact same file names. My animated stickers use some common frames between them.

To get around this, I put all of my frames for all stickers into a sepearte asset catalog, then I use the those for assembling the sequences for each sticker. I have now been able to create 5 sequences with no problems.

Hope this helps!

Ok, the above might not be true. After using that method for a bit was was back to the not able to compile scenario. I eneded up ditching using Xcode to create the animated sequences and used a 3rd party Mac app to create the APNGs.