Sierra beta 4 running high cpu Usage

MBPr, 13 inch, mid 2014

Sierra beta 4 is running the fans constantly, even with no open applications. Highest prcesses are bird, cloudd, calendarAgent, and calendarNCservice. normal fan levels are around 1400-1500 rpm but these processes cause the fans to spin between 3000-4000 rpm, with the CPU spiking over 70 degrees celcius.

Tried a clean install then attempted to load a backup, encountered the same issue, and then attempted to go at the issue with a clean install. Even tried creating a new user without icloud and the services were still performing out of respectable reange. Restored back to El Cap and the issue resolved. I know it must have to do with icloud drive. any fix for this?

Replies

Dear, Same on my MacBook Pro13/2015 Kind regards

Same with my MacPro, only thng I found I could do was the follwing command in terminal:

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.CalendarAgent.plist

This kills the macOS Calendar though.

To swirch it back use the command:

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.CalendarAgent.plist

But the CPU usage goes sky high again.

In my case, it is photoanalysisd which is churning away after Beta 4 update.

I noticed tish moring after installing beta 4 there was an exesive amout of heat coming fom iMac 21" 2014 reverted back to el captain..

This is the same cause for me, although photoanalysisd also contributes a lot of CPU usage. Another solution for me was to delete the Calendar cache files — e.g. in ~/Library/Calendars.

CalendarAgent was contributing a huge amount of CPU use, though, and slowing other things down.

Same here: Sierra (version 1 august) has >100% CPU usage for the calendarAgent

Good afternoon. I installed Sierrab4 today and immeidately heard the fans and determined (Activity Monitor) that the Calendar processes were the issue. I just completed an extensive series of testing and discovered that the CPU rises to WELL over 200% and the fans speed up ONLY when I enable one of my specific accounts. This account is an O365 account. When I disable the "Calendars" checkbox all processes (and subsequently the fans) return to normal.

I began by first shutting down the caldenar process as described above by 'sparkplug37'. I then disabled ALL of the calendars from the Accounts Tab in System Preferences. I then removed the ENTIRE contents of the Calendars folder in ~Library. (Saved them to the desktop of course until I completed testing)

Now that the ~Library\Calendars folder was empty I re-launced the Calendar process using the load command. The Calendars folder began to refill with all of its folders and Caches. One by one (I have 6 accounts) I enabled the Calender checkbox in the Internet Accounts Tab in System preferences. Both my iCloud and all 3 of my Gmail accounts loaded normally and no issues. The moment I enabled the O365 account the issue once again started. I immediatley disabled the account and everything is running normally.

Not sure if any of your issues are O365 related, howver, mine is. As and FYI I do have another Exchange realated account (not O365). I tested it by enabling and did NOT have the issue. It is ONLY when I enable the O365 account.

Welcome thoughts and insight from others.

Same problem here. CalendarAgent using excessive CPU. Around 140% on my MBP with 4 cores

Resolved it by disabling my MS Exchange account

If kernel_task is the hog

You may work around (not resolve) the bug by running the OS in safe mode.

A subsequent boot in normal mode may be free from hogging for a limited period.

In my case, iCloud Drive Desktop and Documents Folders may be a factor.

Same issue here on Macbook Air, with processor over 100% and fan spinning at high speed continuously.

I have uninstalled O365 following this procedure : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-for-Mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3

Rebooted and re-installed O365.

So far so good, after a few reboots and hours of operation, no more issues.

Thanks !

Photoanalysisd keeps my Macbook Pro CPU running all the time and force quiting does nothing to help it

Same for me photolibraryd and photoanalysisd been running for over 24 hours at high cpu usage. I have only 6gb of photos in my collection.

photolibraryd and photoanalysisd never stop running causing high cpu and disk drive usage.

Same here. photolibraryd and photoanalysisd: CPU > 100%, 6GB photos

Days later and it was still running all the time, so dirty fix was to compress my photo library for the time being. Processes stopped. Phew!