Unable to install watchOS 3

I put beta 1 of iOS 10.0 on my iPhone 6S+. I've installed the beta profile on my Apple Watch. The Watch app on my iPhone gives the following error message when I try to update the Watch:

"Could not connect to watch: Make sure your Apple Watch is nearby, powered on, and not in airplane mode"

Is anyone able to get watchOS updated?

Replies

Seems like ALOT of people have the same problem. Me included.

I'm having the same problem. So frustrating !!

I have done everything what is advised and I still not able to upgrade. For me I have no error message but when it check it says: "watchOS 2.2.1, your software is up to date"

Any thing else i can try.

John

For anyone having update issues ....

Please confirm the following:

- you've updated to iOS 10 Beta 2 first

- you've installed the watchOS Beta profile on Apple Watch

- you've rebooted Apple Watch and iPhone

If you're still experiencing update issues please file a bug report so someone can assist.

Thanks!

I did everything you just said but no one came to help me neither did I find a workaround for it.

Hey raz how did you fix it ?

How many days you moderate this comment/solution for watchOS fix ??? If you are not professional enough to accept the bus what is the whole point of this Beta Program.

Whenever you update your iOS 9 to iOS 10 Beta, you do it by enrolling your device to your account you use to sign in to the beta program. So the enrollment seems like between your beta program account and profile you download for the first time, which would be Iphone beta profile as you try to update to ios 10 beta first. So next time when you try to get a watchos 3 beta profile using same account, which apparently what most of them will be using (is same iphone and same account which is obvious as watch will be connected to that phone), even though you try to download watchOS beta profile, due to prior enrollment with your iPhone to Beta Program login account, it will download ios beta profile again. if you observe closely, the profile will say ios profile, however watchos profile should say watchOs Beta Configuration profile in watch General > Setings > Profile. This is very silly bug and could easily blind side developers from Apple, as the testing suite will not simulate the device IMEI enrollment with profile. So short story to fix the issue,

So short story, to fix the issue... what do we do?

I tries downloading the watchOS profile several times and I only ever got the iOS profile. I luckily had access to another developer account. I logged in to that account and went to https://developer.apple.com/download/ again clicked on the watchOS download button. I finally had a profile that said watchOS instead of iOS. This post gave me the clue I needed to get it to quit saying 'Software is io to date watchOS 2.2.2'. Thanks for the clue.

Make sure you download watchOS profile not iOS profile. I have googled for the profile download and found a link , that helped me. I had included the link but Apple moderated by message and removed the link.

I have been trying to install Watch OS 3 for a long time and now I figured out a time taking but effective way to do that. On your iPhone, take the Watch app, and click the ℹ button near your watch image and name, and unpair your watch. Now pair it back with your iPhone, and go to General on Watch App, and try to update your OS. I does the job, or it did the job for me.

I had the issue that it would never update, but this worked for me, thanks! 🙂