Installation fail : the installer payload failed signature check

I have mid 2011 Mac mini and a USB external HDD. I tried to install the 10.12 beta on it.
However, it complains with this message, "The installer payload failed signature check"

What's that message and why does it fail?

Replies

It appears that the installer might have become corrupted either while downloading or while copying.

I would check with a different USB hard disk first.

If you copied this onto a USB stick for install or made a DVD, that install media might be corrupted, I would try making the USB installer media or DVD again.

If this still fails, it is possible the download is corrupt and might need to be downloaded again.

The signature check appears to be a simple check to see if there is any corruption in the file before trusting its contents.

Ok. Thanks, I will try again when I go back home.

I tried to download the macOS installation file again, but the web site said that the code was already redeemed and didn't give me a chance to go to its next page. So, I can't re-download it.

Having the same issue. I have tried downloading it on different computers and tried different external drives. Issue is on a MacBook Air, 2014 model.

I have a Macbook pro 2012 and having the same issue and i have downloaded this 6 times now

Same message here, I tried to install it on an external firewire drive (mac mini 2011) but it won' t install. It worked this way in the past.

I had the same error and worked around it by ensuring the installation source is placed in the /Applications directory.

Hope it helps

• Dude I’ve been working on this for like Two days thank you so much for taking the time to put this up

Add a Comment

I've had the same problem. On a Mac Book Air, 6,2

I've downloaded it on a MBP Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013, ran "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra\ Developer\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ Sierra\ Developer\ Beta --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra\ Developer\ Beta.app" to create a USB drive. Then tried to do a clean install to an erased MBA.

Things I've tried to fix it:

- Deleted and re-downloaded the installer from software update on my MBP

- Coppied the installer to a external hd and then copied it to the Applications folder on a freshly installed MBA

- booting directly from the USB installer

I believe I'm still getting the beta 2 code, the "Install macOS Sierra Developer Beta.app" has a version 12.0.26

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I got it to install. I had a clean system that was not joined to a network. Once I connected it to wireless and then installed from a copy of the installer I put in the Applications folder it worked.

Any reason it would not install from a USB flash drive? I've never needed an internet connection for that before.

I got mine fixed: just make sure your system time is correct before the installation.

For a detailed tutorial to fix this problem, please refer to this link:

http://www.macworld.com/article/3097533/macs/installing-os-x-what-to-do-when-this-copy-of-the-install-os-x-application-cannot-be-verified.html

It also explains why connecting to the internet solves this issue.

As mentioned above, I placed the macOS Install Data dir into the applications folder and launched again the Sierra Update from Launchpad. No more error messages.

I'm having the same issue. Here's a part of the log describing the problem

Verifying InstallOS.pkg/InstallESD.dmg

pkgdmg is not signed or altered.

pkgdmg validation has failed.

Operation queue failed with error: Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=202 "The installer payload failed signature check."

I tried downloading the installation several times with no luck. Appreciate any help...

This was my issue too, replaced battery and lost the clock.

Open Terminal from the installer and run:

date
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
date

Hi all,

I have the same problem.

I have tried:

• Download new instalation file;
  • Create new usb pen instalation;
  • Update date time in terminal;
  • Use diferent usb port.

Can anyone help me? I don't know what to do now.