X Code 5.1.1 Signing Identities Revoked

I enrolled in Apple Developer Program as an organization and downloaded Xcode 5.1.1 on a Mac OS X 10.8. I have completed designing a new Mac App. Now, I want to proceed with the distribution process, but when I go to XCode>Accounts, the Signing Identities show as being revoked for Mac Development, Mac App Distribution, and Mac Installer Distribution. The only Signing Identities that remain valid are Developer ID Application and Developer ID Installer.

Don’t have a clue on how to fix these. I don’t know if they were revoked because Xcode 5.1.1 is too old. I would appreciate any explanation of fixing this issue. Another solution would be to use another computer and that leads me to the next question.

Second question. I just updated a MacBook Pro 15, 2.8GHz with OS X El Capitan. The apple ID on this computer is different than the Apple Developer Program.

I would like to download from the App Store, the latest XCode 7.3.1, so I can distribute my new Mac App and don’t have to rely on XCode 5.1.1.

If I download XCode 7.3.1 from the App Store, should I use the Apple ID of the MacBook Pro 15, or should I use the Developer Apple ID. And, also how do I transfer the signing identities if they are revoked?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Replies

>and don’t have to rely on XCode 5.1.1.

Point is, it's not your call. Xcode 6.x is the minimum allowed when doing store submittals now, so if that's your goal, you don't have a choice but to walk away from Xcode 5.x.

>And, also how do I transfer the signing identities if they are revoked?

Revoked/expired/invalids aren't transferrred, they are renewed.

Many things have changed for codesigning since 5.1.1 was originally used, including the recommended preference of automatic provisioning. I suggest you get busy w/Xcode 7.3.1, and deal with details as they arise.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

Thanks for your help. I will download Xcode 7.3.1, but which Apple ID should I use?

When you get Xcode 7.3.1 up and running, we can go over it.