Manually installing the beta two components fails?

So App Store Updte for 10.12 beta 2 installs three packages: FirmwareUpdate.pkg, FullBundleUpdate.pkg and OSXUpd10.12Patch.pkg.

I grabbed copies of these from a machine prior to their installation.

Only the "FullBundleUpdate.pkg" installs if I run it by itself.

The other two throw up a dialog like: "The package "FirmwareUpdate.pkg" requires additional components and cannot be installed independently. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance". (Same with the OSXUpd10.12Patch.pkg).

Is there something about these package updates that requires running them from the AppStore now? Or is there some other method for installing these "off-line" in some specific order?

Replies

Yeah -- I filed a bug report on this. I'm expecting it to come back as "this is expected behavior" (meaning "you are only supposed to use the AppStore"), but we'll see...

UPDATE: I may have jinxed myself by asking, but after attempting to apply the packages willy nilly, it seems that my environment (16A201w on pro 3,1) is very unstable. Safari is now crashing all the time. I had to reinstall the base OS (using dosdude's Sierra patcher) again. All is now (relatively) well. I can't pinpoint the particular step, but proceed with caution folks...

Agreed. Seriously - why is Apple making it so hard for us! I have a redeem code that is worthless, hence the running around to acquire a legit copy of the update. I've been an active (paying) Apple developer for years, just post all the darn dmgs on one site, and case closed! Just makes no sense, and we waste some valuable time hacking when we should be testing and reporting beta bugs. Arghhh.....

I have to agree with you here. The whole point of having a developer account is that you have the intelligence to handle file transfers with out app store. Now I understand why Apple wants the App Store install tested, it is important, but give us an easy way to recover from these sorts of issues. We have the intellignece and ability to navigate a web download page.

As it is Over the last couple of days i ****** away a lot of time reporting this bug and then searching for the answers on the forums. Speaking of which the forums seem to be screwed up too.

Here here... Everything is become more opaque at infinite loop. I'm old enough to remember a time when Apple didn't treat their developers like simple users. The sorry state of these forums and the conspicuous lack of active/constructive participation from Apple engineers is deplorable. And don't get me started on Apple bug report (thank god for open radar) . Anywho, back to the matter at hand, I skipped DP2 and moved to Sierra PB by downloading the installer on a "supported" machine and building an install image using dosdude's Sierra patcher. Works great on my on my old pro3,1. MAS updates are reported for iTunes 12.5 and recovery hd but haven't tested that yet. Regards.

As well as having FirmwareUpdate.pkg, FullBundleUpdate.pkg and OSXUpd10.12Patch.pkg in the folder /Library/Updates/031-63042 one should also have a file index.plist in the folder /Library/Updates/

If you don't have a file called index.plist in the /Library/Updates folder then make one with textedit and put this data in it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ProductPaths</key>

<dict>

<key>031-63042</key>

<string>031-63042</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

I tried all of the suggestions. Does not work on my Mac. App Store> Updates states No Updates Available. I now have spent over 3 hours trying to get the Beta 2 installed.

I am running a Mid -2012 MacBook Pro. The About states that I am running Sierra Version 10.12 Beta (16A239m). I have 215 GB of available space. This is unreasonably hard to get the Beta 2 installed.

One thread that I read stated "call Apple" to get a new redemption code. What is Apple's phone number?

16A239m is a higher build number than the previous version of developer beta 2 which is 16A239j. And you can't install a lower build over a higher one with a delta or patch file.

Hi - does a full dp3 install exist somewhere (direct links)? These are all patches from the original dp1 so the dp1->dp2->dp3 upgrade path must be respected right? I'm in the awkward position of running public beta (1) and wanting to now test dp3. I used my redeem code to download dp1 on a supported machine running yosemite, but never installed there - just grabbed the installer to use with Sierra patcher. The mas on my supported device doesn't list dp3 as an available download anymore.

Excellent thx!

I logged this with Apple. All the above doesn't do it for me and I remain stuck on Beta 1.

I've already sent them a complete system diagnosis, so I hope they find a way to fix this.

Same issue, app store shows no update available.

Any other workaround that has worked?

Thanks by the links..!!

How do you fouind these links..??

Now, i need Beta 3..!!