NAT64 internet sharing not working with WPA and password

Apple requires IPv6-only support in IOS apps now. To verify app compatibility they suggest to use NAT64 internet sharing on Mac.

So we configured it as described by apple:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternetWeb/Conceptual/NetworkingOverview/UnderstandingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition/UnderstandingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition.html

But when we use WPA2 with password, all iPhones will not connect (only spinner running). But without password and unencrypted this will work immediately.

Why it does not work with password? What can I do to use WPA?

Replies

What OS releases are you using? If you’re using pre-release OSes—on the Mac or the iPhone—please retry with release ones.

ps I regularly use this feature (with WPA2) on production versions of macOS and iOS and haven’t see any problems like the one you’re reporting.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello,

I am seeing the same issue, the OS release for the device is iOS 11.0 (production release version). Also, on a different device running 9.3.5 (also production release).

My previous post was from Jul 2016, where these technologies were just rolling out and the specific OS versions were super important. Nowadays these don’t matter too much. Any recent version of macOS and iOS should work just fine.

I haven’t use MacNAT64 in a while so I had a go at setting it up again, just to make sure everything works as expected. I didn’t encounter any problems. Here’s my specific setup:

• MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) [aka Touch Bar] running macOS 10.12.6

• iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 11.0

• MacBook connected to Internet via Thunderbolt Ethernet

• And sharing that via the built-in Wi-Fi

• Wi-Fi authenticated via WPA2 Personal

Does the problem still happen if you disable Create NAT64 Network? If so then you should try to get help via a customer support channel.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello,

Make sure that the firewall and anti-virus are disabled.

Regards

Kerim