CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo and CNCopySupportedInterfaces re-enabled?

I have read same rumors about this two features saying that they are re-enabled (they was deprecated with IOS9).

Someone can confirm this rumors?

Thanks.

Replies

I have read same rumors about this two features saying that they are re-enabled (they was deprecated with IOS9).

Your question is mixing up behaviour and deprecation state, which are two different things:

• behaviour — In the late iOS 9 betas these functions were disabled (they were present but they didn’t produce useful results). In iOS 9 GM they reverted to their previous behaviour.

• deprecation state — They were officially deprecated in the iOS 9 SDK with this message:

For captive network applications, this has been completely replaced by

<NetworkExtension/NEHotspotHelper.h>
. For other applications, there is no direct replacement. Please file a bug describing your use of this API to that we can consider your requirements as this situation evolves.

You can read the whole story on this archived thread. Only seven pages!

I’ve moved your question over to Core OS > Networking, so other folks can see any follow-up questions you have about this stuff.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks.

What do you mean exacltly with "file a bug describing your use of this API to...". Sorry but my English is poor.

That very generic phrase is required because the framework headers are not an interactive medium. Given that DevForums is an interactive medium, how about you start by explaining what you’re app is using this information for?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi all!

I also need CNCopySupportedInterfaces going forward. All I need is the current SSID. My customers use my app with a private wireless router that is disconnected from the internet. The SSID is always displayed at the top of my app, when/if the customer's iPad automatically connects to a different network they need to know so they can reconnect to the private wireless router.

My app displays instant replays during live sports events. If the iPad loses connection to the private router or connects to another network, the instant replays are no longer available to the customer.

Thank you all!