Copyright 2002-2015 Apple Inc.
Finding available software
No new software available.

Wes@MacBook-Pro-van-Wesley:~$ softwareupdate -l
Software Update Tool
Copyright 2002-2015 Apple Inc.
No new software available.

i already tried via the "pureaches" tab and redownload it (but that only supports beta 1).

Wes@MacBook-Pro-van-Wesley:~$ softwareupdate --reset-ignored
Ignored updates:
(
)

Wes@MacBook-Pro-van-Wesley:~$ sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog
Changed catalog to Apple production

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

Fixed by reinstalling beta 1 (after wiping the drive first)

Replies

Having the same issue here. Actually, my situation is a bit more strange. The update showed up the first time I opened the Mac App Store to download it. I proceeded to start the download, and went back to my browser while downloading the update in the background. When I came back a few minutes later, the update had just vanished. I tried everything - clearing the App Store cache, deleted some other stuff, etc. I even tried re-downloading and running the DP 1 installer to try to make my MBP realize there is an update available. None of this didn't do anything. I think I'll give it until tomorrow for it to show up.

EDIT 1:

It appears as if the link to the update package is:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/30/49/031-63042/87m9n81l6q63bwhe9koyhrt14craemq0wh/OSXUpd10.12.pkg

...according the software update catalog. If the download still does not show in the Mac App Store soon, I would just suggest downloading it directly.

You'll need more than that.

A lot of people are getting the patch file instead of the full delta.

And you will need the firmware update and full bundle update too.

So to get these and the patch file just replace the filename "OSXUpd10.12.pkg" in the link with

FullBundleUpdate.pkg

FirmwareUpdate.pkg

OSXUpd10.12Patch.pkg

The directory is the same.

Install them in that order too.

The FullBundleUpdate.pkg installs just fine, but the last two give me the same error as the orginal package as posted: that the software cannot be installed independently.

I haven't tried this yet but maybe I will for DP3 when it comes out. There is a thing you can get which installs multiple packages simultaneously called installpkg at github. I tried to put a link to it but the forum won't allow it. So just google it. You have to put the packages in the same directory and then install them via terminal command

installpkg /path/to/directory/of/packages/*

It seems that apple are making it harder to use the direct links method but maybe installpkg is a workaround.

cannot be installed independently. 😟

Did you try installpkg?

Installing using this method just gives errors as well:

WARNING! : Errors were encountered during installation of package : FirmwareUpdate.pkg

WARNING! : Errors were encountered during installation of package : OSXUpd10.12Patch.pkg

WARNING : [2] packages or images failed installation.

Wich foldername you need to use?

Fixed by reinstalling beta 1 (after wiping the drive first)

Done without reinstalling

1) Find appstore cashe directory ( for me it was /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000s0000068/C/softwareupdated )

sh-3.2# cd /var/folders/

sh-3.2# find . -name softwareupdated

./zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000s0000068/C/softwareupdated

2) vi /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000s0000068/C/softwareupdated/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.SUCatalogDataManager/v/031-63042/031-63042.English.dist

to return true in any case

function AppleInternalCheck5(prefix) {

if (system.files.fileExistsAtPath(prefix + '/AppleInternal') == 0) {

return true;

}

system.log('/AppleInternal check failed but who cares')

return true;

3). softwareupdate -l

=> Profit

Software Update found the following new or updated software:

* macOS Sierra Developer Beta-2

macOS Sierra Developer Beta (2), 1749818K [recommended] [restart]

I found this terminal code that worked like a charm for me.

I was frustrated that I haven't had any updates since beta1, so I had to do some research and this was a solution for me.

sudo softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12beta-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

This worked for me as well! I was at the point where the update wasn't even showing up. Public Beta 3 is now downloading through the app store.

Today I reinstalled Beta 1 by booting into Recovery Mode (so it keeps my data) and then Beta 5 showed up in the Mac App Store.

Yay!