Delay/unresponsive on change input language macos Sierra

Hi,

Does anyone else encountered a delayed or unresponsive change when trying to change input language

on macos Sierra?

Beta1 and 2 same problem.

Working great on El Capitan.

Thanks in advanced

Accepted Reply

Possible i found solution - disable enable Siri shortcut in Siri settings.

Replies

Hi,

I have same behavior - public beta 1 (16A238m)

Possible i found solution - disable enable Siri shortcut in Siri settings.

I've disabled the Keyboard Shortcut of Siri as you suggested, and the switching of input sources works fine. However, switching sometimes does not function depending on the app I use.

Yeah great, that was it.

keep on develop 🙂

PB2 seems to have solved the issue.

yes that works even for final release of Sierra... dudes at Apple need to fix this 🙂

I have this problem too. "Fn" have delay and sometimes not switching languages. It seems like floating bug. I use "caps lock" like solution.

confirming that this is still not fixed in the latest Ventura 13.3.1, and really messes up with keyboard layout switching. Only disabling Siri shortcut helped. Is there a Radar to fix this, Apple?

confirming that this is still not fixed in the latest Ventura too, disabling Siri shortcut did not fix the delay

for me and my girlfriend situation is equal. If you click too fast or too slow Mac didn't change language(((( sometimes change sometimes no. The problem is software, Mac is totally new (MacBook air 15 M2)

Same issue in the latest Ventura 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d) on Pro 16 m1. If I type and need to change the language fast - it doesn't recognize I hit the change language button. I need to stop, click on language button, then wait until I see language change popup and only after that I can continue typing.

• Same issue. 13.5.1 (22G90) on Pro m1

Add a Comment

Still not fixed on macOS Sonoma 14.0 (23A344) either - Pro 14 M1

This issue has annoyed me so much that now I want to leave the Apple boat. No solution yet. Great hardware and mediocre software quality. They've implemented a weird (dynamic) layout indicator in text boxes that makes things even worse. Sometimes it doesn't appear and sometimes it stays visible forever. The thing has some high school project quality to it. Who would have thought that Apple products software quality would deteriorate so quickly. Don't get me started on the iPhone's keyboard - moved to another platform. Every year new bugs, I'm starting to think that Apple has adopted the philosophy: If it works, break it!