Blank screen when waking from sleep

MBPro 15", 2.5Ghz, Mid-15 - when waking from sleep, the screen stays blank but the OS is still functional when I remote desktop into the system. Reappears if I logout. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

I didn't delete the kernel from terminal, because it was a duetdisplay driver that had different name. So, from finder I ran search criteria, first criteria is system files and are included, second criteria is name and matches in my case duet. I found all duetdisplay related files and safely deleted with cleanmymac 3. hope that helps.

I think you guys are on the right track about it being KEXT related. I have a 2015 15", and I have not had this problem once, but it's a fresh install with no software installed other than Office/XCode.

It's definitely kext related. It doesn't happen in Safe Boot which is how I was able to isolate it down to a rogue kext issue. I tried disabling login/startup items and it was still happening, so I figured it had to be a kext issue. Ran the Terminal prompt and lo and behold: Duet! It seems to be Duet for most folks, but I saw someone over on MR who had kexts from some old BlackBerry driver software from probably 5 years ago that had traveled with him across several versions of the OS. Go figure.

I don't think it's definite. For one thing I have no non-Apple kexts installed so although it may be for some, it's not in my case.

I have the same problem but i found out that when in safe mode it doesnt do it at all

I can confirm that uninstalling Duet, a second screen iOS app, fixed this problem for me. Though in order for it to work, I needed to uninstall Duet using the app's own menu (rather than deleting Duet.app from the Applications folder on my Mac). Because I hastily deleted Duet.app when I first heard this application could be the cause of the black screen issue, I reinstalled Duet from the Mac App Store, then uninstalled it using the app's "uninstall" menu option.

anyone know how to resolved this issue if you dont have those apps install? when mine wake up from sleep, i get the login screen and when i type my username and password it crashes when i press enter. i have been submitting the reports to apple. i have MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, early 2013)

i though my issue was with little snitch firewall but after uninstalling and rebooting. the issue continue.

any help would be appreciate it.

regards

Victor

Same here.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Ive moved stuff around on the right side ribbon

Linked my watch to unlock upon sleep

I think the folks talking about kexts are on the right track...

I found I had a DisplayLink driver still installed from when I tested a USB HDMI adapter. Removing it seems to have fixed it.

FWIW, I had been having the problem of waking from sleep to a black screen since I installed 10.12 Beta (16A239j). I had no third-party kexts installed so kexts wasn't the problem for me. What did seem to work was just shutting down. I haven't had the problem for days.

Uninstalling DUET resolved my problem

If you use spaces. Move with Ctrl-> or CTRL<- , it will restore the display.

Third party Asus MB168B monitor drivers, or "Easy Link" were causing problems for me. The driver DMG from the Asus support site also contains an uninstaller...

Thanks for your tip... For me it was the Splashtop Driver. (com.splashtop.driver.SRXDisplayCard (1.6) , com.splashtop.driver.SRXFrameBufferConnector (1.6))

POSSIBLE FIX - I had this issue too, 2012 MacBook Pro, it began when I installed Sierra Beta 4, and got really bad with Beta 5. I had to do a lot of force-shutdowns everytime the computer went to sleep, and then the Kernal Panics started. I would log in, and the whole system would just crash shortly after. Sometimes during login. One of the Kernal Panics implied it was a graphics card issue. Which led me to this solution which has solved the problem (I hope)....

1) Under System Prefrences > Energy Saver I turned off Automatic Graphics Switching

2) I installed gfxCardStatus https://gfx.io and when installed, you'll see a little "i" icon in your top menu bar. I set the option to Discrete Only. The only other options of this ulitity are Integrated Only and Dynamic Switching

Good luck all!