Pulse Secure not working

I have 5.1.5 running on 10.12 and get the statements of:

Pulse Secure is turned off, and when trying to add another site, I get "Failed to connect to the Pulse Secure Service"

Anyone encountered this yet?

Replies

Worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah this is a problem for me right now, and I can't get the 5.0.3 installer to run either. 😐

After a reboot, Pulse encountered the same issues as it did with with 5.1 and 5.2. Unable to connect and the connection configuration removed.

Has anyone tested Pulse Secure with beta 2 yet?

Yes, I tried. Same results as beta 1: Pulse secure does not work, Junos Pulse 5.0.3 does.

I'm finding the same results as kcft.

Yup, same here. The annoying workaround I used was to trash the app and reinstall; my configurations were preserved.

For me is a totally different thing, the app seems to be working properly, but cannot connect because I get the following error even if my Firewall is turned on:

Your computer's security is unsatisfactory

Your computer does not meet the following security requirements. Please follow the instructions below to fix these problems. When you are done click Retry. If you choose to Close without fixing these problems, you may not have access to all of your intranet servers.

Patches

Instructions:

No instructions are available.

Reasons:

Firewall listed in security requirements is not installed.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

This worked correctly for me, thanks for posting this. FYI the MD5 of the Pulse 5.0.3 download is 9381eb1859ac325469edc2258c0f6d38

I tested up to 5.0.15 and this works. Seems like anything higher than this breaks. Like 5.1 and higher.

Also, sometimes after rebooting, I lose my settings. I just re-install 5.0.15 again and it works. Not a huge deal since I just install right over the same one.

Same, I'm telling security to open anyway, but the OS is telling me it's not from the App store. It will not override.

if you cant get past gatekeeper, i did this succesfully.

Apps from unidentified developers can normally be opened by clicking the "Open Anyway" button in System Preferences > Security & Privacy, but the macOS Sierra release notes indicate that this button does not work in the first beta. A workaround solution is to hold down the Control key, click on an application, and choose "open."

I found this link in the pulse secure support website:

https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB40245/?q=Sierra&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1&atype=

It suggests they are already working on it and there may be a beta version available. I do not have a support account since I am just a user from a large corporation, but if someone does have login access to the support website and downloads you may want to look for the beta.

Pulse Secure's host checker doesn't recognize the firewall on macOS 10.12, so it's failing. Not much you can do besides ask your administrator to disable hostcheck for your realm (or a special realm for macOS beta users?)

Pulse secure claims that the issue is fixed starting with 5.2R5. Anyone knows where can I get a download of the 5.2R5 or later client? I looked everywhere using google but the latest I found is 5.2R4. Unfortunately I am not in the IT dept of my company so I don't have access to Pulse Secure Support website (I tried through IT but Macs are not a priority).