Massive CPU usage after installing beta 2

Since installing beta 2 about 3 hours ago, my MBPRetina has been running under abnormally high CPU load. Looking at processes it appears that spotlight is re-indexing? (mds) using 110% CPU, and some process named "logd" is using another 100%+. Assuming logd was a logging daemon, I opened up console and saw tons of stuff being logged but nothing in particular jumped out at me.

Spotlight certainly shouldn't have anything new to index, unless it somehow thinks it has to reindex my whole machine due to the update?

Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

I think there is plenty for Spotlight to update. I noticed that all my mail data got rebuilt and that took some time.

This happened to me too. The system settled down after a while and is now sitting around the 5-8% CPU mark.

There is likely to be some indexing as (tgrice mentioned Mail) and iPhoto data is rebuilt.

Happened for me too, and is still going after 2 days. Reported as bug # 27231598.

The mds and logd processes finally stopped after 3 days. I noted this on the bug report. Maybe it's a feature?

Just instaled Sierra Public beta 2 and the CPU is near 100% all the time, mostly due to xpcproxy process.

And the nsurlsessiond is taking all the bandwith...

Any clues how to solve it?

This happened alson in Beta 1