Blank screen when waking from sleep

MBPro 15", 2.5Ghz, Mid-15 - when waking from sleep, the screen stays blank but the OS is still functional when I remote desktop into the system. Reappears if I logout. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

FWIW, all I did was disable Power Nap and the problem seems resolved for me. Keeping an eye on it.

I have the same problem with you. No Duet installed in New Macbook 12(2015).

So I checked whether the macOS system was stuck or not.

When pressing caps lock key again and again, I found green indicator on and off correctly on it.

Trying to press some keys and return key, 'logon fail' alert sounded in the system.

After that, I finally could watch my screen after trying to press my correct password for logon.

I think macOS beta 2 can't display logon screen correctly after waking from sleep.

That wasn't it. just did it again.

I also uninstalled Duet and still having the issue

Has someone found a fix?

Regards

Fixed my problem on 2016 MacBook Pro 13''.

I've tried SCM and PRAM reset before but only uninstalling Duet helped me out.

Enter a bug. They DO read those!

I hadn't been seeing this on my 2013MBP, but on the new Mid-2015MBP I just got it just happened. I was able to SSH in from my iPad and reboot. I had been running the 10.12 preview since day one and never had it happen on the 2013 model.

This is VERY annoying. Have to force restart every time, and I don't want to set my screen to never sleep...

Command shift Q, and then enter key to confirm logout should do it if you can't see the screen

Thanks for your suggestion, it worked well. At first I uninstalled duet with cleanmymac 3, but the problem stil persisted. I used your method and found three documents that created the problems, 2 were related with airparrot and one was duetdisplay driver. I could easily uninstall airparrot drivers (speaker and display) but it was hard to delete duetdisplay driver. So I run search criteria and found files that correspond with duet app. Safely deleted them with cleanmymac 3 and now everything works perfectly.

I did. I copied from

rAoXsLeJul 6, 2016 11:56 AM(

in response to aznlogik)

Here's a fix:

open terminal

type in:

kextstat | grep -v com.apple

if you see kernels, you don't need (for me it was airparrot), delete them

try and enjoy a great running system again

Hope, that helps!

MBP12" Erly2015

Deinstalling DUETT and removing its kernel extension did the job for me. Now works fine.

Same problem.

My case, Not Duet.

Avatron AirDisplay Host.

Uninstaller is at Applications->Utilities.

How do you delete a kernal after location it on terminal?

I too had this same issue on my late 2015 iMac 5K, and even though the "Enable Power Nap" was off and the "Prevent computer from sleeping" was on, this problem occured. I then turned on "Enable PowerNap" and then turned it off again as did the same by turning off "Prevent computer from sleeping" and then back on again. That seems to have resolved my issue. I did not have to kill the system by powering it off and back on again this morning as I have had to do for the last several days.