i cannot install iOS public beta profile

Hi,

I tried several times to install the public beta iOS profile on my iphone 6s running iOS 9.3.2. I get a prompt from Safari saying:"Safari could not install profile due to an unknown error.". I resetted my phone and also restored it with iTunes and iget the same error. Any solutions?

Replies

Try using Xcode/window/devices to remove existing beta profiles on that device and then going again.

I think at this point it sounds like most people on the forum are all having the same issue installing the public beta profile meaning its likely the link is broken or Apple has purposely done something and will be updating ot fixing this, or waiting until the release of iOS 10 Public Beta and then refreshing the public beta site and links to download profile. I'm also experiencing the same issue when clicking the link but I already have an iOS9 profile installed (although expired now as of July 1st) and running 9.3.3 Beta 4. I'm going to just wait until the release of iOS 10 Public beta to see the result.

Just to mention I have the same problem Just to add one thing I tryied I use the link on Chrome to download the profile file I was able to Download the file but I cannot find a way to run it on iOS I guess some problem in safari or they block it on 9.3.2 Good luck

I've been having the same issue for several days. iPhone 6S+ and my iphone 6 are both giving the same error that safari can't install the profile. Neither device has been part of beta before.

Safari could not install profile

Anyone having the issue with downloading the profile use this link, it should work. https://betadl.herokuapp.com/iOS

Thank you !!!

i had the same issue I was not able to install the profile from the browser

so i downloaded the new firefox browser and clicked on the download button - firefox will give an error that downloads are still not supported it will take you to safari and this will automatically prompt you to install the profile 🙂

Change the date on your phone to something before 7/1/16. The SSL cert in the profile has expired. I'm guessing Apple isn't going to bother replacing it since the 10 beta is around the corner.

Worked like a charm! Changed the date to June 30th, and it worked like it usually does. Thanks for the tip, much easier than we all thought.

Unfortunately that did not work for me, but AdamTheGreat got a solution for me.

This helped me thanks I have tried everything and this was easier than we thought

Awesome, worked for me thank you! Any idea if the beta will stop working once the date hits 7/1/16 again?

My profile still says expiry of July 1, 2016 and was able to download the latest Beta 5 and its still working.

Thanks, that worked for me as well!