Blank screen when waking from sleep

MBPro 15", 2.5Ghz, Mid-15 - when waking from sleep, the screen stays blank but the OS is still functional when I remote desktop into the system. Reappears if I logout. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

Yes having the same issue

Yea same issue - very annoying. If I don't have my screen on me I need to turn off and back on to get screen back.

Same here. Late 2014 27" Retina 5K iMac. I have to power off and reboot to get the screen back.

Yes! I've been disabling extra doo-dads to try and see if it's a conflict causing it, as it only happens on my MBP, not my iMac.

How do you log out when you can't see the screen?

PS I have the machine set not to sleep ("Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off") and I've also tried turning off the screen saver

Yeah I'm having this problem too. I just filed a Radar for this issue: 26840197

I remote in either with TeamViewer, Remote Desktop, or Chrome Remote Desktop from my iPhone/iPad, and I can see the screen fine. If you type the keyboard shortcuts, you can also hear some actions in alerts, like command-shift-q to logout; kinda annoying..

Same thing here on 15" MBP, 2015.

Ditto for my Retina iMac -- this only started happening three days ago.

sharing the screen with my MBP the system is fine -- ONLY the screen is black. I have doen PRAM reset to no avail. I even tried to change resolution sizes to see if it would "kick" the graphics card into another mode.

Another odd feature for me, the screen save has to kick in for about an hour or so for it to off into la-la land. My power saving does not power down the screen or spin down disks. Last ditch is to just have "flurry" run all the time, but too much light at night.

Does Apple read these? I am going try apple support but not much they can do.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac15,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM151.0207.B06

SMC Version (system): 2.23f11

Property also the problem. For me, the unit adopted with stripes and reboots or not at all more.

MBP 15 "Late 2011 / 16GB / 500GB SSD

I was away for a few days; seems like my MBP is waking from sleep without issue now. Anybody else still getting a blank screen on wake?

I take it back; it's still happening, but sporadically.

I did a fresh install of macOS Sierra, before it was an upgrade on top of El Capitan, now things are much better, so far not a single issue

Same here, but only after the second beta.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, i5 2.9Ghz)

I'm also seeing this after upgrading to B2, didn't see it on B1.

Same on a Macbook on b2