How To Downgrade WatchOS3.0 to 2.2

please help me Orz

how to Downgrade WatchOS3.0 to 2.2 public version.

(I downgrade iOS10 to iOS9 but watchos not downgrade)Orz

thank you

Accepted Reply

I returned my watch to get it downgraded back to WOS2.x. Very quick turn around. Apple will ship you a box to ship it back at no cost. Just tell them the truth. Goto https://support.apple.com/ , select the Apple Watch, Contact Support in top-right corner, Setup a repair, Apple Watch, Repairs and physical damage, The topic is not listed, type in what's wrong, e.g.(I updated my iPhone to iOS 10 and my Watch to W OS 3 Betas and iOS 10 Beta was not stable enough for me to use so I had to revert back to iOS 9.x.x and now I need my Watch reverted), continue and Send in for repair, click Apple Watch button, enter your Watch Serial # and keep going through the process. They will ship you a small brown box via next day Fedex and inside of it will be a smaller white box with rubber suspension. You remove the bands and pop your watch in the white box, close it, pop it back into the brown box, tape up the edge with the included tape strips being sure not to tape over the shipping label. Carefully peel off the top label exposing the return label and take to your nearest Fedex drop box, etc. If you get it to Fedex in time it will be at Apple's repair facility in Pennsylvania the next morning. They will revert the Watch OS to latest non-beta and get the watch back with Fedex next day to you. I was expecting to be without my watch through my vacation but it will be back to me tomorrow. Hope this helps you and good luck.

Replies

Link for that 'rule'?

No, you can't send back the watch to Apple

Page not found when we try thisQ :S

My problem is: Phone Support tells me because I have a scratch on my watch (I don't care about, its not big) maybe the apple support will repair my entire watch and I have to pay for it.

Now: Can I sent my Apple Watch to Apple and if they want to repair it, they tell me it and I can deny?

>Now: Can I sent my Apple Watch to Apple and if they want to repair it, they tell me it and I can deny?

The forums are not the place to find/discuss information on watch repairs. AppleCare isn't here.

same here 😟

May I ask how long all this took you? Sending the watch to them and actually getting it back? I just had the UPS guy pick up my watch a few hours ago (I live in Canada) and I'm curious to know.

Got the same response and they said once it went into the repair center, they will fix it with the best solution, without any further confirmation.

They said I might have it downgraded for free, or if the repair center decided to replace with another watch, I will have to pay USD400-500.. (I'm in Hong Kong)

Lucky you! 🙂

Just spent an hour via chat then phone with AppleCare (in France) and got a refusal to do anything to help me with my watch by Apple 😟

The person by chat agreed to have my Apple Watch picked up by UPS then sent back, told me that I would be called by phone in order to approve the demand.

I was just told by a senior advisor that they could not do anything:

- because my watch is out of warranty ( ! )

- that I should talk with devleoper support ( !! ), which by the way is a premium number here,

So I now have an Apple Watch stuck to watchOS 3 beta, and an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.3.3.

I will be able to use my Apple watch again in 1 or 2 months ...unless I wanna try iOS 10 beta again before that (and renounce to being able to unlock my appartment's smartlock, thanks to bad Bluetooth LE/Smart on my iPhone 6s with iOS 10 beta).

And I could not find any reference to the impossibility of reverting to watchOS 2 either in watch OS 3 beta 4 release notes or in watchOS beta Software Installation Guide. However, last year's watch OS 2 beta installation guide clearly outlined the procedure to revert to non-beta watchOS, which I was denied.

Anyway, I am quite unhappy with this.

Any advice?

After further discussion, Apple offered to proceed with the "repair".

That is nice of them.

(however, I have spent too much time on this and I prefer to put away my Apple Watch for a few weeks, until iOS 10, and not spend any more time on this).

They also presented this as "making an exception", so the procedure remains totally unclear.

I wish Apple would make it clear, or provide a warning in the watchOS beta release notes that you cannot revert to the previous non-beta watchOS version, and therefore need an iPhone running beta-iOS during the beta period.

Yes you can, and you will have to to downgrade.