iCloud User Login not working

Hi guys/girls,

So a brief timeline to explain my problem. (dates and times are approx)

21st June @ 17:00 :: Changed iCloud password on iPhone 6s Plus

21st June @ 17:20 :: Logged into 2014 Retina 15" MBP with old iCloud password (I was under the impression that this was meant to be using the iCloud password)

21st June @ 18:00 :: Updated iCloud password on iPhone 6 after receiving message about password not being correct

21st June @ 18:15 :: Updated iCloud password on iPad Mini 3 after receiving message about password not being correct

21st June @ 18:30 :: Logged out of iCloud on 2014 Retina 15" MBP and restarted, then logged back in and restarted. Still used old password, no way to change to using iCloud details to login

22nd June @ 04:35 :: Logged into Late 2011 iMac using new iCloud password

22nd June @ 09:00 :: Logged into Mid-2012 13" MBP using old iCloud password, then prompted to enter new password and since then, used new password for all user functionality. (had not been switched on for a week)

22nd June @ 14:30 :: Reinstalled macOS Sierra from USB installer (Download completed at 13:50 ish, immediately turned into USB).

22nd June @ 14:50 :: Logged into iCloud as part of installation process, asked to create seperate password for user.

22nd June @ 15:30 :: After looking for significent amount of time, cannot see how to change to using iCloud for user authentication, trying to change password works like no iCloud account connected, but advanced options shows the iCloud account is connected.

22nd June 16:00 :: Compared the advanced options on the iMac and the Retina MBP (Both running macOS Sierra) and both seem to be identical in all of the important aspects (icloud basically), but no way of using the iCloud user authentication functionality.

So hopefully you can see what the problem is.

The old MBP and the new MBP have both run El Capitan, but I have not yet upgraded the 13" MBP, I want to use the iCloud details to login, and I would imagine you'd have to use them in order to be able to use the watch signon. Something I am very interested in.

Is this a new "feature" or is this a potential bug I've found?

Also; any suggestions. I've already done a complete reinstall, which seems to have made no difference.

Replies

I had keychain issues too! I had to call and have them walk me through deleteing them all.

what you should do is Log out of all your devices and purge all the data thats on there, set up the keychain on the new macOS and then log back into those other devices.. at least that's what Apple had me do, and now things are great!

Also had a problem initially logging into iCloud through the upgrade but when I logged into iCloud in the System Preferences, it worked just fine.

Using iCloud account to log into computer was removed in El Capitan. Upgraded machines that were already using it were given the choice of continuing to use an iCloud account if still wanted, but fresh installs no longer have the option.