How To Downgrade WatchOS3.0 to 2.2

please help me Orz

how to Downgrade WatchOS3.0 to 2.2 public version.

(I downgrade iOS10 to iOS9 but watchos not downgrade)Orz

thank you

Accepted Reply

I returned my watch to get it downgraded back to WOS2.x. Very quick turn around. Apple will ship you a box to ship it back at no cost. Just tell them the truth. Goto https://support.apple.com/ , select the Apple Watch, Contact Support in top-right corner, Setup a repair, Apple Watch, Repairs and physical damage, The topic is not listed, type in what's wrong, e.g.(I updated my iPhone to iOS 10 and my Watch to W OS 3 Betas and iOS 10 Beta was not stable enough for me to use so I had to revert back to iOS 9.x.x and now I need my Watch reverted), continue and Send in for repair, click Apple Watch button, enter your Watch Serial # and keep going through the process. They will ship you a small brown box via next day Fedex and inside of it will be a smaller white box with rubber suspension. You remove the bands and pop your watch in the white box, close it, pop it back into the brown box, tape up the edge with the included tape strips being sure not to tape over the shipping label. Carefully peel off the top label exposing the return label and take to your nearest Fedex drop box, etc. If you get it to Fedex in time it will be at Apple's repair facility in Pennsylvania the next morning. They will revert the Watch OS to latest non-beta and get the watch back with Fedex next day to you. I was expecting to be without my watch through my vacation but it will be back to me tomorrow. Hope this helps you and good luck.

Replies

You'll need to send your watch in to Apple to have it restored to a previous version. You cannot do it yourself.

May I ask you?

On Beta2, the installation guide said so (send watch to suppor to restoret).

But on Beta3 there was no explanation on the guide. Is it still the same situation?

Do you know sending the watch back for downgrade if it has to be wiped?

It will absolutely be wiped.

does your watch still connect to your iPhone when you are on iOS 9 and watchOS 3? Are there any weird/problematic behaviours? I'm planning to do the same myself.

I couldn't connect it to ios 9... had to go back to 10 🙂

I also would like to downgrade back to WatchOS2 public... but the Watch does not connect to iOS9... If, I said IF, there is a way, it would be with some provisioning profile + ios10... 😟

WatchOS 3 does *not* work with IOS 9. The release notes are specific on that point

to downgrade you need to send your watch back to apple.

Hello , how can I send it to Apple , as the procedure active ? Thank you

I returned my watch to get it downgraded back to WOS2.x. Very quick turn around. Apple will ship you a box to ship it back at no cost. Just tell them the truth. Goto https://support.apple.com/ , select the Apple Watch, Contact Support in top-right corner, Setup a repair, Apple Watch, Repairs and physical damage, The topic is not listed, type in what's wrong, e.g.(I updated my iPhone to iOS 10 and my Watch to W OS 3 Betas and iOS 10 Beta was not stable enough for me to use so I had to revert back to iOS 9.x.x and now I need my Watch reverted), continue and Send in for repair, click Apple Watch button, enter your Watch Serial # and keep going through the process. They will ship you a small brown box via next day Fedex and inside of it will be a smaller white box with rubber suspension. You remove the bands and pop your watch in the white box, close it, pop it back into the brown box, tape up the edge with the included tape strips being sure not to tape over the shipping label. Carefully peel off the top label exposing the return label and take to your nearest Fedex drop box, etc. If you get it to Fedex in time it will be at Apple's repair facility in Pennsylvania the next morning. They will revert the Watch OS to latest non-beta and get the watch back with Fedex next day to you. I was expecting to be without my watch through my vacation but it will be back to me tomorrow. Hope this helps you and good luck.

I try, many thanks

I tried and they are sending me back my watch, unfixed, because "our technicians weren't able to process your repair request. We’re sending the product to you along with a letter that provides more information." So now I'm waiting for it to return so I can see what they say in the "letter". I tried asking support through a chat session however they could not glean more info, so I'll wait and try to be more explicit, maybe attach a note to the watch box next time.

Funny thing is that when I setup the Repair I explicitly told them I needed to revert back to WatchOS 2 that I was runnign WatchOS 3 Beta because I am a

Developer.

Oh well, it will arrive. I just miss it. Feel kinda ***** without it. Keep looking at my wrist for the time too LOL. And now I have to take my phone off silent so I can hear the notifications. Been wearing it every day since I got it on Launch Weekend...

Michael

Follow-up:

Received the Watch today and no problem. WatchOS 2.2.1 was installed on it.

So, I am not sure why the enclosed letter saying that they found nothing wrong with it and that they are returning it. I am guessing that in their process to determine what was wroing with it they put WatchOS 2.2.1 back on it. Well, that works.

So, it worked for me too :-)

Best of luck!

Michael

You can't send back the Apple watch!

I already try in the past and the rules is clear, no watch can be downgrade by sending the watch to apple