How to activate Universal Clipboard?

Signed into iCloud; still can't figure out how to activate Universal Clipboard

Help appreciated.

Replies

Do you have bluetooth turned on for both devices?

I currently have mine working from iOS to Mac, but not the other way round. There's no setting to turn on. Signing in and out of iCloud may fix it.

Can't get this working either, my understanding is that this is utilizing icloud as the intermediary rather than BT but I could be wrong

I don't think so. I think it uses bluetooth because something weird happened just a moment ago. I listened to music on my mac via bluetooth headphones. I copied a telephone number on my iPhone and pasted it on the mac. It worked but my bluetooth headset began to lag heavily.

it might be something akin to AirDrop in that it uses Bluetooth in combination with wifi (and iCloud) to transfer the clipboard.

still can't get it to work; but I get around it by using CloudClip; a third party app, which works perfect

I too am puzzled by this. I don't seem to be sharing a clipboard between my 6s and iPad Pro 9.7 despite them both being online and connected to iCloud.

It has nothing to do with Blu tooth, or Airdrop. It works through Icloud, linked with your apple ID. It works on any Network or 4G.

I discovered my iphone shares the clipboard with my ipad but not my mid 2011 Mac. Is this because these macs don't support continuity/handoff? But I thought this was iCloud???

Continuity and hand off are also powered by iCloud. Universal clipboard is part of continuity/handoff and is powered by iCloud... As far as I'm aware.

Is the universal clipboard a handoff feature or an icloud sync feature?

wondering the same; if it works through icloud; doesn't matter that I have an older 2011 mac; ....or does it?

This is working perfectly for me between a 6S and 2015 15" rMBP. No setup done at all. "Just works"

I enabled handoff on all devices and still doesn't work for me. This is ridiculous.

A new feature isn't working in beta 1 of the new OS, and that's ridiculous?