Battery Related Issues

Replies

Yes and also the scrible feature is not working , how can I acces the crash reports for the apple watch? Sorry I'm new at this, I really dont want to waste your time with stupid questions, Thanks!

@confucious Thanks for that tip. We have bad wifi at work and that seems to impact both iPhone and Watch battery under the beta. I have turned off WiFi on the iPhone for the moment and will see what that does to the drain.

I would agree. WiFi definitely access definitely appears to drain the watch at an increased rate. I don't have WiFi access at work and the watch behaves like it does under WatchOS 2. Once at home I've seen it drop 50% within 4hrs on WiFi. With WiFi being the only significant difference. I've also completed the full reset of the watch to see if there's any improvement. No need to submit the bug as it was covered by Confucious above.

I have also experienced periods of significant battery drain as opposed to OS 2. As others have mentioned, it is not constant. It is intermittent and hard to identify the exact cause. Regardless, I also have filed bug report 26817145 and have sent a significant number of logs to Apple already per their request. Hopefully we will see improvements soon in OS 3 b2.

bugreport.apple.com

10% per hour consistently. Have wiped and reinstalled twice, same result.

So just a quick update to my bug report...

I finally received a response to the logs I submitted. After receiving an e-mail notification that my case had been updated, I hurriedly logged in to check the details. Here is what the response was:

"We have no way to collect logs from your system, so we are unable to investigate. We are working on adding more logging. We are closing this bug report. If you have questions regarding the resolution of this issue, please update your bug report with that information. Please be sure to regularly check new Apple releases for any updates that might affect this issue."

Does this baffle anyone else? I get it--you can't possibly log everything due to resource constraints. But my frustration stems from the fact that they CLOSED my bug report of a very real issue. Why not just say "we don't have the required logs to figure out what's wrong at the moment, but we will keep your bug report open for visibility."

Has anyone else had a similar experience with their case being closed without resolution?

Beta 3 battery dying a lot faster. Instead of 10% overnight I have 27% left so much worse. I just unpaired and reset the watch. Will see how things go.

I agree and dramtic battery loss at that too!!!

for instance had 59% yesterday when on lunch break then not even 10mins later down to less than 10% and I'd done nothing with phone