How do I change version number for app update?

I created a new version in iTunesConnect for an update to my app. I entered the wrong version number and didn't notice until I saved it. How do I either change this version number or delete the new version so I can create a new one?

If memory serves, I have to actually submit an exe with the bad version before I can delete it. I was hoping Apple had fixed this.

tia, PJ

Accepted Reply

Looks like you need to scroll down to General App Information to change it. Note that I did the "submit then reject binary" thing before I noticed the version was editable so I don't know if you still need to do that first.

Regards, Patrick

Replies

Looks like you need to scroll down to General App Information to change it. Note that I did the "submit then reject binary" thing before I noticed the version was editable so I don't know if you still need to do that first.

Regards, Patrick

• Scroll down to General App Information in the submission form.

• Hover your mouse over the unwanted build version reveals a a small red Delete-like button to the RHS on same line.

• Click the red Delete-like button.

• The line that contained the unwanted build version is replaced with "Upload your builds using one of several tools. See Upload Tools / Select a build before you submit your app. [button]"

• Click the newly revealed button to choose the intended binary via dialog, the same picker dialog you saw first time you chose binary for the submission form.

This seems impossible again for current appstoreconnect. There is no version under General -> App Information. I started uploading several betas (5.6.x) under a major version "5.6", but as it's been many many changes now, I wanted to make it "6.0". There seems to be no way to do that, did try as the OP here to have a version approved for manual release, still did not give me the option to either change, or add a new version.

Worked for me today (6 months later). Today, I had many 1.0.8 builds and wanted to bump to 1.1 — I simply went to "App Store", "1.0.8 Prepare for Submission", scrolled down to "General App Information", and changed 1.0.8 to 1.1 — working as expected so far.

This worked for me easier than expected, did not have to submit a binary and then reject it. Here's what I did. My incorrectly numbered upcoming version was 2.2, and I wanted to renumber it 3.0.

• iOS app upper left, saw "2.2 Prepare for submission", chose this to highlight it
  • scrolled down and found Version field with 2.2 populating it, simply changed it to 3.0. Wow, simple!
  • clicked blue "Save" button top right
  • refreshed page, now under iOS app upper left it says "3.0 Prepare for submission"

Yay. -- Josh

OKAY

This has been frustrating me wicked mad for about 2 hours of poking around the app and searching stackoverflow etc. It seems Xcode has moved everything around yet again and to FIND the 'General' tab you have to start by clicking on the folder icon in the left panel, underneath click on your blue project icon when that appears, THEN THEN THEN click on your icon under TARGETS in the panel that appears just to the right of the stack that appeared when you clicked on the folder.

If you don't click in your icon under TARGETS you will only get 3 options: Info / Build Settings / Package Deployments and none of these tabs will give you anything you want. Oh, you can stab around Build Settings for an hour looking for your version number... and then spend another hour looking at old stackoverflow posts that look nothing like Xcode 14.X... and curse a little out loud... then pour a bowl of cheerios to try and calm down...