Battery Related Issues

Replies

It definitly drains more power than watchOS 2 ... 20% in 2-3 hours ... but I didn't do a clean install (which in the past solved that)

how do you perform a clean install ?

If anyone is experiencing battery life issues, please file a bug report. Thanks!

It's working pretty good for me. It used 4% running overnight which is not bad. But it previously used 2-3z

I am getting better battery times

Un-couple and re-link the watch in MyWatch App, setting up as new watch

I cannot confirm any battery issues. In my opinion energy consumption is not much different from watchOS 2

Did you do a clean install?

Did you do a clean install?

Just FYI -- when i installed 3.0 on the watch, battery life was awful. Went from 70 percent to 20 percent in an hour or two.

Then, at home, I unpaired the watch, wiped it, and re-paired it as a new watch with my phone. I also did not install any third-party apps on the phone, to see what would happen with only the stock (presumably optimized by apple) apps.

the difference is stunning. After charging up overnight, I did a 30-minute workout and it went from 100 percent to 97 at 9 am. It's now 2:30 pm and it's at 91 percent. Admittedly, i haven't used many of the apps, but have been getting a steady stream of email / message notifications.

so anyway -- mileage will vary, but if you are having battery problems, you might try what I did and see.

mike

I did not do a clean install and I am also observing similar battery drain to watchOS 2. The one issue I noticed is that my watch does not react to changes from the watch app on the phone as quickly as before.

Done

I've seen more battery burn. I'm not sure, but I think it may have to do with Wifi. I did not do a clean install.

At home on wifi all day, I've gone down from 100% to 10% over a period of around 8 hours. I usually can make it through the whole day (15-16 hours) and still have a good, 20% left.

Over the weekend, I was out all day for both days and the battery drain seemed to match the more typical values I saw from watch OS 2.

Filed as case 26900352

Yes, battery goes from 100% to 10% in less than 8 hrs.

Nope. Normal upgrade. It works as expected - almost the same as before with WatchOS2. About 50% until night when I recharge it.