Cannot add iMessage App Icon to a Sticker Pack app

I have created an app from Xcode Sticker Pack Application template.

The templace comes with empty iMessage App Icon asset.

Whenever I try to add any icon to that asset (with correct size and file name) the extension fails to build with several errors:

======================

App Target issues:

======================

Asset Catalog Compiler Error Group

/path/to/project/StickerPackExtension/Stickers.xcstickers: The stickers icon set or app icon set named "iMessage App Icon" did not have any applicable content.

Info.plist Utility Error Group

(null): could not read data from '/Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SampleStickers-aqjsdbplmwicgihfsvpgqeqavxyr/Build/Intermediates/SampleStickers.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SampleStickers.build/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist': The file “assetcatalog_generated_info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Embedded Binary Validation Utility Error Group

(null): error: Couldn't load Info dictionary for <DVTFilePath:0x600001ec4910:'/Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SampleStickers-aqjsdbplmwicgihfsvpgqeqavxyr/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SampleStickers.app/PlugIns/StickerPackExtension.appex'>

======================

StickerPackExtension issues:

======================

Asset Catalog Compiler Error Group

/Users/admin/Documents/idev/repo/SampleStickers/StickerPackExtension/Stickers.xcstickers: The stickers icon set or app icon set named "iMessage App Icon" did not have any applicable content.

Info.plist Utility Error Group

(null): could not read data from '/Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SampleStickers-aqjsdbplmwicgihfsvpgqeqavxyr/Build/Intermediates/SampleStickers.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/StickerPackExtension.build/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist': The file “assetcatalog_generated_info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Accepted Reply

Solved.

My problem was that I had not add 29x29 variants to the iMessage App Icon asset.

So, you either add nothing or provide all icon variansts (event with confusing rectangle aspect ratio)

Replies

Solved.

My problem was that I had not add 29x29 variants to the iMessage App Icon asset.

So, you either add nothing or provide all icon variansts (event with confusing rectangle aspect ratio)