Cannot take screenshots

I have an iPhone 6 with the iOS 10 Beta.

I'm one of those brave people who test in a live production environment (ie: the phone I use every day)

So far so good, except I cannot take screenshots. Instead, it just locks the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Replies

Furthermore, Ive just worked out I can screenshot the lock screen, but once onto the home screen, I cannot screenshot.

try restarting your phone. I can take screenshots without any problem. iPhone 6s

Works fine (6S)

I am seeing the same issue (iPhone 6).

Works fine here (iphone6s)

Sorry 6. (Kept the 6s as backup) ;-)

You can - even from the new lock screen. I found the normal key sequence not working i.e. on the lock screen as well - but the method described below works there as well.

Solution: iOS10 seems to use a different trigger to capture a screen shot. Try to press Power- and Home-Button simultaneously.

Best

Lutz

I've always used the Power and Home button simultaneously to take screenshots (for years), so that's not new in iOS 10. What other gesture were people using?

Previously, I always used them in sequence - first power and then Home to capture after a short moment

This is even the way you find on the web like here

1. Open the app you want to screenshot and go to the exact screen you want to screenshot. (Arrange everything exactly the way you want to see it in the screenshot.)
  2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and then click theHome button. (This helps ensure you don't activate Touch ID or Siri by accident while trying to take your screenshot.)

And using it this way prevents capturing the lock screen ...

prior to iOS 10 Beta I took a screenshot on all my iOS devices by holding down either the power button and pressing the home button or vice versa. For me that no loner works. But in iOS 10 Beta 1 pressing both buttons at the same time takes a screenshot for me now. Thanks for the tip. I assume this is the case across all iOS devices, iPads and iPod Touches?

So how do you take a screenshot on an iPhone X machine? Well, first of all, you have to wait until November 3, which is when the phone ships – I know, it’s a very long wait.