Unable to install watchOS 3

I put beta 1 of iOS 10.0 on my iPhone 6S+. I've installed the beta profile on my Apple Watch. The Watch app on my iPhone gives the following error message when I try to update the Watch:

"Could not connect to watch: Make sure your Apple Watch is nearby, powered on, and not in airplane mode"

Is anyone able to get watchOS updated?

Replies

Anyone still having issues updating to watchOS Beta 1 after confirming the following, please submit a bug report so we can have someone assist:

- iPhone must be updated to iOS 10

- watchOS beta profile must be installed on Apple Watch, once installed, reboot Apple Watch

- iPhone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network

- Apple Watch must have 50% + battery life remaining

** Apple Watch needs to be on a charger to complete the update process

Thanks!

VPN worked here!!!

Tkank you

hi Grago, did you use a public vpn?

can you shar which one worked for you?

works with Opera VPN App!

Turn the VPN off when the download starts =)

WT actual F.

I added unblock-us.com to my DNS settings and the requeste came through. Once I got the download, I removed unblock-us. It will continue to download.

2 hours remaining.... Sheesh, these servers are busy as ****.

This is a bad apple. Seriously.

turn on vpn
works perfectly 🙂

This was my issue, I made the mistake of only downloading the iOS profile. When I first downloaded the iOS profile to go to iOS10, the first time I opened that from my email, it asked me if I wanted to install the profile on my iPhone or on the Apple Watch. That prompt made me think it was the same profile for both iOS10 and watchOS3.

There are actually two different profiles, and you need to download them seperately and install the in the correct place respectively. Hope this helps a few people that had my issue.

For me works only using a VPN without reboot and reset my iphone or watch. Thank`s!

VPN method worked for me.

Thanks for the advise it worked.

Gracias!!! despues de intentar de todo, solo tu idea me ayudó.

Still not working for me. Getting the same "unable to update" error. I have tried removing the profile, restarting my Apple Watch and my iPhone 6s, changed from wifi to 4G, reinstalling the latest profile from the devloper portal but no luck. Both are on the latest updates. iPhone is on the iOS 10 beta. Any help. I also sumbitted through the apple bug report.

Thanks!, worked for me as well. Just installed it and set to US region

Nevermind... The VPN worked

Confirming.

1. Turned off WiFi on the iPhone.

2. Check for update over celular - almost instantly confirms update is available 454MB (I think it was)

3. Turned WiFi back on

4. Clicked Download and install

And it looks like the download is proceeding... 57 minutes remaining...

- David