Can not sign into icloud

I instaleld 10.12, which appears to have some issues with display issues, signon issues and hangs. rebooted a few times and seems ok now, but can not sign into icloud. when it first asks me to sign in for setup, it says can not sign in at this time, tried a few times, then skipped, and now when i try via preferences, same error. I have anotheri cloud accoutn for mail only (different emai), and that is already setup and logged in automatically.

ideas?

Replies

Oddly, I was able to sign into iCloud using my Apple Developer account but not my personal iCloud account. I created a new user and was able to sign in using my personal iCloud account. Perhaps iCloud preferences is checking for the developer credentials?

i already have the solution but needs to be "currently being moderated" whyever. So wait a bit for long description...

Short one here:

1. open Keychain.

2. go to "Keychain settings".

3. click on "general" and then on "reset keychain" and type your password.

4. reboot your mac

5. sign in again through icloud settings. now it should work!

If you've saved your keychain to icloud before all your items will be getting restored successfully.

best regards,
Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the fix, this worked for me!

Matt

It also worked for me.

Thanks!

Not sure If I'm being daft here, but it's not letting me sign in still. Got that forever spinning icon when I try to sign in.

It's within Keychain Access isn't it? and by settings, you mean preferences?

Yes, Keychain access & preferences

Thanks.

Unfortunately, there's still an error message (after minutes upon minutes of wheel spinning). Issues connecting to the Apple servers.

http://antjtw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-14-at-23.16.49.png

Same problem. The iCloud login hung during the update process and I eventually had to skip it. Now I can't log in to iCloud through the iCloud pref panel - I get a spinner for a few minutes followed by the error "there was an error connecting to the apple id server".

Resetting the keychain and rebooting as per above instructions did not work for me.

Other things I've tried so far:

• Kill apsd
  • Delete everything under /var/db/crls
  • Delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.apsd.plist
  • Delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.sec*
  • sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist

No luck after all this and multiple reboots - still get the same error. Very frustrating.

I found a more detailed error message in the Console utility, filtering for messages from process com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice. I haven't discovered what error code -7005 means yet.

[iCloud Pref] : *** shouldContinueWithAuthenticationResults return value 0 Auth Results were {

AKRawPassword = "(******)";

AKUsername = "(redacted)";

} and error Error Domain=AKAuthenticationError Code=-7005 "(null)"

I managed this without the need to reboot.

Just go run

/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app

Go to Preferences and reset default keychain.

Tried to sign in to iCloud and it worked

Thanks!. this fixed it for me as well.

Nice shot! It works for me.

Found a solution that worked for my setup - opening Network Preferences and disabling the proxy, which was set to Automatic Proxy Configuration with an academic proxy URL. The specific proxy config I was using kicks in only for academic URLs (journals, etc.) and should not affect apple.com connections, but maybe there is a bug somewhere in Sierra that causes this issue when a proxy is configured.

Thanks Chris for the work around as it worked For me.🙂

I can confirm that resetting keychain resolved my issue when sign in to apple id silently failed!