Text Message Forwarding Not Two-way

CAVEAT: Yeah, I know it's a beta. I'm not mad or upset. I'd like to get it fixed, but I realize what I'm playing with. Please don't tell me to "get over it; it's beta"!

Basically, Messages on my macOS Sierra machine can SEE and DISPLAY text messages that I have sent from my iOS 10 iPhone 6s Plus. It cannot, however, SEND any messages. It is true for both iMessage and non-iMessage threads. This, obviously, limits the utility of the feature. During the day, I usually send probably 90%+ of my texts from my rMBP.

I have tried:

1. Signing out of iCloud and back in on macOS (this was also to help fix other issues)
  2. Disabling and re-enabling iMessage on iOS.
  3. Disabling and re-enabling/approving Text Message Forwarding on iOS with my macOS machine.

I have the following devices:

• iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10
  • iPad Pro (12.9") running iOS 10
  • 2015 rMBP running macOS Sierra

This feature appears to be working just fine with my iPad Pro. Is this working for anybody else? If so, any thoughts as to my it might be failing for me?

Replies

I have the identical issue, and attempted the same 3 steps to resolve, without any success.

Messages in Sierra will give a "Not Delivered" error on any attempt to send. It will see any message sent through any of my iOS devices.

• 2012 rMBP running Sierra
  • iPad Air running iOS 10
  • iPhone 5S running iOS 10

I'm not sure what else to try, and I suspect this is something that won't be corrected until the next build, but I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only experiencing this particular issue.

edit: The solution from below resolved the issue for me. Resetting the keychain and re-logging in caused Messages to be able to send successfully again.

This is working ok for me. I have a 6s running iOS 10, and a 2016 Retina MB running the macOS preview. I tried with both regular SMS recipients as well as imessage.

Hi,

I found this solution for iCloud working for Message also 🙂

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/48692

Best Regards

Soren

Thank you. Resetting the keychain, rebooting, and logging into iCloud again resolved the issue.