Unable to install watchOS 3

I put beta 1 of iOS 10.0 on my iPhone 6S+. I've installed the beta profile on my Apple Watch. The Watch app on my iPhone gives the following error message when I try to update the Watch:

"Could not connect to watch: Make sure your Apple Watch is nearby, powered on, and not in airplane mode"

Is anyone able to get watchOS updated?

Replies

Same here... cannot install watchOS 3, keep saying that´m not connected to the internet. Installed iOS, tvOS and MacOS very easy, but WatchOS does not install... just the one I was more excited to test! sad...

Same here. Someone have a solution for this?

I'm with the same problem! Hope soon I can enable to install the watchOS 3, I'm very anxious

Same here. Tried to update on a number of different connections, after a full erase. Not working.

I was having same problem but then i switched on VPN, and now its downloading, just remmeber if yu have password on yur phone, as soon as they ask for password, switch off yur vpn or else it will show fail to update.

do you have the corect profile installed on your iphone and your Apple Watch?

Works for me.... Tks

VPN works for me! Thx a lot! :D

You made It! Thanks!!

Nice! Thanks.

Like the others said, I was having this issue for almost 24 hours, however when I connected to a VPN, it took me a couple of trials and then I got the update

Unfortunately VPN method didn't work here 😟

No clue why it's not working.

iOS 10 installed

WatchOS profile installed

But getting Unable to Check for Update message

VPN worked here... Now it's downloading, but veeery slow... About 2 hours for a 494Mb download. Note: I used the VPN just to access the download screen, then I switched it off.

After many tries it worked using VPN, had to try different combinations of VPN services and locations, but finally got it to work. Thanks!

VPN also worked!