Can not sign into icloud

I instaleld 10.12, which appears to have some issues with display issues, signon issues and hangs. rebooted a few times and seems ok now, but can not sign into icloud. when it first asks me to sign in for setup, it says can not sign in at this time, tried a few times, then skipped, and now when i try via preferences, same error. I have anotheri cloud accoutn for mail only (different emai), and that is already setup and logged in automatically.

ideas?

Replies

Same problem here

icloud will sign in for me but none of the icloud serivices will work including messages

I had to sign out and then re-booted. Worked after that.

I'm having the same issue. Tried signing out and re-booting but no luck. Any other ideas?

Can confirm i'm also having this issue.

no one on this?

Exactly the same for me as @wassy described... I did exactly the same way and now can't login to iCloud through the settings anymore.

Any new updates on this?

Hi, did you click on "sign out" for iCloud or from the user account?

I think I've got similar issues.

I couldn't sign in when prompted during startup, everything became unresponsive. I ended up restarting, and I managed to get in. No native applications can connect to the network, which renders most of them useless. Some third party applications such as Spotify and Chrome still work–which are now my lifeline.

I'm going to attempt signing out of iCloud and rebooting, see if that makes a difference.

I wasn't too worried about this, assuming I could reinstall OS X El Capitan. However, I went to reinstall OS X this morning, and the OS X offered was the developer preview of macOS, which didn't work either. This might end up being an Apple Genius appointment.

You may want to try the internet reload option (Command Option R at boot) it should bring up the version that came with the Mac, Happy Patching!!!

it is really strange... As I've 2 different accounts running on my macbook pro i've now tested to sign in to icloud on the second account. There everything worked. But still can't on my main account... 😟

Unfortunately this doesn't work etiher. I was presented with Mavericks, which I wasn't able to install as I was running a newer version of OS X

I signed out of both with no luck.

Hey Guys! I've finally managed to get it back working with a little workaround!

I'm now successfully back connected to my iCloud account on macOS Sierra...

Here's what i did:

First i followed this discussion and get the thoughts on what's the problem here (It's the KeyChain!!)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7255773?tstart=0

But as on this discussion it wasn't mentioned how the guy from the "Genius Bar" fixed it. I've searched for how to RESET the keychain and then found this:
http://de.ccm.net/faq/3511-mac-os-x-schluesselbund-zuruecksetzen

So i only followed the tutorial on ccm.net and rebooted my mac. Then i tried it again to login to my icloud and....

HEY! It worked again! 🙂

Then, just set up your settings again and you're back to the game... Also if you've shared/saved your keychain to iCloud before, the new created one will get back all your keychain items from iCloud right after! ;-)

So that's it....

Happy testing the new betas and best regards!
Chris

Try the keychain method. That worked for me.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/210037/you-can-t-sign-in-at-this-time-when-signing-into-icloud