Unable to install watchOS 3

I put beta 1 of iOS 10.0 on my iPhone 6S+. I've installed the beta profile on my Apple Watch. The Watch app on my iPhone gives the following error message when I try to update the Watch:

"Could not connect to watch: Make sure your Apple Watch is nearby, powered on, and not in airplane mode"

Is anyone able to get watchOS updated?

Replies

same problem here. How do we get past this and get the update?

I got it to work but I had to try so many times. I finally restarted the iPhone, then deleted the provisioning, then restarted the watch. Then for the heck of it, I tried to update while the watch was still booting. It timed out (obviously) but retrying worked. It took a long time to update, but it finally did.

The new features are great but the battery life will suffer because the watch is that much more useful now.

Tried everything but no respite

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was an *****. I kept putting the iOS 10 profile rather then the watchos3 profile. Check and see that you're not doing what I did wrong

Nope i have the watchos 3 config profile fle only installed and i have already upgraded to iOS 10.Keeps showing unable to update as you are not connscted to the internet. Tried deleting profile and installing,restarting etc etc

Getting "Unable to check update" too.

I've found a website that says that you must first add your Apple Watch UDID to the Devices list on your Apple Developer account, i've done that and i'm still stuck on the same problem.

Raz

have you managed to it working. I'm having the same issue

Same issue this side. Been trying since yesterday. 😟

Anyone have a secret recipe?

I was having problems, followed the instructions here to reboot, remove profiles, reboot, reinstall profiles, reboot and then try. It didn't work. It is now working as a result of 1 of the 3 following additional things:

1. took off Apple Watch and plugged it into charger.

2. turned off WiFi on phone and tried checking for update on 4G

3. Apple fixed something at their end...

None of Thaís worked. 😟

Had same issue on iPhone 6s. Installed iOS 10, then tried to update the watch to watchOS 3.0 and at first I got the "Cannot connect to watch" error.
After a few restarts (both watch and phone) I started getting the "network error" problem inside the Apple Watch app. I just kept restarting both devices and deleting the profiles on my watch until the "Update to 3.0 beta" screen showed up. I have no idea if the servers got a little free or if any of my crazy restarting/deleting skills have paid off, but it's currently downloading the update (pretty slow, it will probably be more than 60 minutes for a complete download).

mine take 3 hours to download (454MB) , unbelievable slow, I already tried 4G and switch between wifi, nothing get better.

something is wrong with the watchOS server, iOS beta just take 30-40 mins to download (1.9GB)

turned cellular on and got the update! Thanks

Same here any one have a solution

Same issue for me. I think I had this problem in the best on previous beta releases. I solved it by installing the profile and just waiting.. normally the next day when I tried again - it found the update and installed. Probably something to do with provisioning on Apple's side - you install the profile - wait for a day - apple does something - you can download...