Xcode source editor
- Added active line highlighting
- Added Swift code literals
- Added Swift image literals
Markup language documentation generation
Rewritten AppleScript dictionary for Xcode
Xcode will now capture crash logs
New option in xcodebuild to run pre-built tests
Code signing provisioning system is rebuilt in Xcode 8
- New option for automatic code signing - Xcode handles everything with regards to signing the app.
- Customized code signing - For when the developer wants to control the code signing settings.
Multiple development certificates option - now a developer can get a new Mac, sign in with their Apple ID and get a developer certificate for that new Mac.
Apple worked with Cisco to identify trusted devices and applications, then prioritize that network traffic.
- Unified logging
- Granular logging
- In-memory tracing
- Automatic redaction of development logging, for when an application ships.
HFS+ designed and deployed over 30 years ago (1998), time for it to be retired.
Now introducing Apple File System (APFS) in Sierra.
64-bit inode structure
Unify encryption across iOS and macOS - how does this affect CoreStorage?
Sounds like de-duplication because multiple copies of the same file will have a storage space cost of only one copy of the file.
Full volume, supports reverting
Storage can revert back to a desired state.
APFS coming to all Apple devices "soon".
Supports right to left languages, including reversing UI elements where that makes sense.
Apple is publishing a new localization guide.
iCloud Desktop and Documents - You can have separate iCloud Desktop and local Desktop for the user account on the Mac.
See complete list of session and lab notes here: